⛄|Chapter 46|⛄

»Continuing of chapter 45«

Jeongguk is currently walking next to Jace, his hands in his pockets as he glances over every now and then to the three year old gnawing on the vanilla ice cream he bought her just five minutes ago.

He doesn't mind the young one. He isn't a children person, either. He just always assumed all of them were irritating and annoying, but no. Jace is much different. You wouldn't take him as a children's guy, either. Due to all his tattoos and such and his intimidating stare and looks.

"D-do y-yo-you w-want so-som-some?" she offered, her hand reaching up with the cone. Jeongguk looked down and politely declined, "no thank you, but thanks." Jace hummed and sat down on a nearby bench.

Jeongguk was going to let her play for a bit because it was only 6pm and they had daylight for a little longer. So why not make the most of the day?

Jace finished and surprisingly didn't have sticky fingers and Jeongguk told her to go play so she did well he watched. He really did watch, too. He has seen too many things on missing children.

He spotted a homeless man out of his side vision, though. But before he could go give him some cash, Jace was tugging on his hoodie sleeve and nodding towards the man, "c-can I b-bo-borrow fi-five do-doll-dollars?"

Jeongguk was amazed. Children never really ask to give the money. They ask for the money to keep the money. But not Jace, she wanted the money to give the money to someone who needs it more.

Jeongguk let her and followed her and she bowed to the man who stopped singing, "I li-lik-like y-your vo-voice," she mumbled, almost too shyly. The man chuckled, "why thank you."

Jace handed him a ten dollar bill that Jeongguk gave her. He smiled and put it into his hat- "why thank you again! you are a generous little thing," he claimed and Jace giggled.

The man looked up at Jeongguk, "you've got a good one there."

Jeongguk smiled, "thank you..."