{2}

"Sydney!" I rolled over to the side to be faced with dark chocolate eyes staring directly at me. I opened my eyes slowly and mumbled an unimpressed, "what?"

Kathrine rolled her eyes at me before walking to the end of my bed and taking my slim ankles in her hands and pulling me forcefully out of the bed. I did not realize what was happening until I was dropped on the ground. "Ouch!" I looked up to see Kathrine smiling at me shyly before walking out of my bedroom. I rolled my eyes before walking to my kitchen to be faced with Kathrine looking in my fridge.

"Now what have I done to have been woken up by that!" Kathrine turned around with smirk before responding to my small outburst. "You have to be at the studio and I thought I would personally invite you to my birthday party tonight."

"You mean the party I planned?" She glared at me before closing the fridge and responding with a snarky attitude, "Let me have my damn moment." I giggled at her child like pout and walked up to her before hugging her tight. I pulled back before speaking, "I am just kidding, happy birthday best friend!"

Kathrine giggled at me before skipping towards the living room and yelling, "Get ready! You smell like shit!" I laughed loudly before yelling back, "You try writing songs until four in the morning and having to deal with an annoying friend!" I heard her loud laugh and walked back upstairs to my bathroom to get ready for another day in the studio.

282,439 likes/ 14,987 comments

{sydney.cross} Studio then party for my best friend! ❤️🥳

bellahadid- Cannot wait to see you girly!

kathrine.scott- Wonder whose birthday?!

cooper.jackson- damn

lovely.syd- cannot wait for the new music!!

fanaccount1- your actually gorgeous

onedirection1- I love your music! Notice me!!

hater1- your only famous cause your pretty

camille.rowe- Such a fan of your music! Thank you for the invite by the way!

harryisthebest- omg! Does that mean Harry will be there too! My two favorite people might meet! AHHH

14,969 more comments...

"You're bad for my health

I should probably get some help

I can't control myself, I'm addicted to the hell

My heart is getting sick from the tar that's on your lips

Yeah, you're bad for my health

You should hurt somebody else

You're bad for my health

I should probably get some help

I can't control myself, I'm addicted to the hell

My heart is getting sick from the tar that's on your lips

Oh, baby, you're so bad for my health"

I took a deep breathe before taking off my headphones and walking out of the recording booth. I opened the door to be faced with my manager, Curtis. He was in his mid 40s and I have known him all my life. He has heard me sing from the beginning. Yeah actually though, he is my uncle.

"How'd I do?" Curtis looked up from the key board and gave me a small smile.

"Yeah it is good, we will be able to release it soon, definitely. I nodded slowly, but he kept talking. I have a writing session booked for you with Louis tomorrow, is that ok?" I gave him a smile and responded, "One hundred percent! I have not written with him in forever!" Curtis gave me another smile, before looking back at the computer and without looking at me said, "You can go have fun now kiddo, be safe!" I giggled at him before leaving the studio and going back home to get ready for the party for Kathrine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you are enjoying the story, even if it is still the beginning! By the way the next chapter Harry may or not be introduced... ok maybe he is!!

-Lexie xx