Chapter 3: Cold-Blooded

*TIME SKIP* - Many Months later - ~ Athanasia POV ~

I flopped onto the bed and laid on my stomach. "I'm so tired" I mumbled through the pillow.

I have lessons, playtimes, and now dealing with papa?! He's not even my dad but my uncle yet I call him daddy! He's been forcing me to use magic even though I'm only 5 and the most successful we ever got was me making gold coins. Probably only because I like shiny things.

SWISH 

I get teleported outside and he was in front of him from a distance, just standing in the shades under the tree. 

"Papa!" I ran and hugged his leg in delight. Arg! I can't believe I gotta act like this!!

"Hello darling" He pats my head.

I reached my arm up at him and signaled him to pick me up. 'Up up'. He just stared at me and slightly pushed me off of his leg before walking forward. "Let's have another playtime"

Sigh. What can I expect? I was disappointed in him and myself that he didn't pick me up. It's been about a year and a half already since I met papa. My magic has gotten stronger thanks to him and it's cooler to control it but according to him, I'm still a beginner.

"Papa!" I called out to him as he walked far from me. I tried to teleport next to him but instead landed in front of him in the AIR! "KAHH!" I screamed in fright as I fell down.

"Woah!" He catches me and puts me in his arms. He sits me on his chest and arm. "You need to work on that"

What do you think?! I'm still a child! "What are we doing next?" I asked him as he continued walking with me still in his arms. He stays silent, keeping his straight face and not paying attention to me at all. I rest on his chest and neck and wait for him to do something. Then I felt my mouth curving up and giggled a little.

After quite a while, he stopped and leaned back so we could meet each other in the eyes. He gives me his usual creepy smirk and I respond with my adorable cute smile. What is it this time?

"We're here for our playtime!" He said to me. I turned my head back to look in his direction. We were at a lake.....

"Wanna start now?" he snickers silently at me. I shudder at his question.

I feel like he's going to throw me into the water and watch me drown. What is he going to teach me?

"What are we doing, papa?" I hugged my arm around his neck and gave him my best adorable face hoping to persuade him not to drown me.

"... A boat ride!" He lifted up his hand and I heard a loud splash behind me. I turned my back and saw a boat floating! "This will be fun!"

Oh, thank god! It's a break today! I thought I was going to die again.

He got inside and sat me across from him. He lay back to the end of the boat as it moved by itself. I'm guessing it's magic....

His blonde hair glistens and flows in the wind as he looked to the side with his deep blue jewel eyes. Then leaves went flying from the sky and to him when there's like trees miles around and it somehow made its way here. Not to mention, none of them are ending up on our boat but it's due to magic. We rode around the lake and he just looked into one side. I got bored looking at him and went to the side then I noticed a pretty lily flower in the water. It was clear and sparkling that was so appealing to my eyes.

I want it

I reached my hand out to grab it while leaning on the other holding the ledge. I extended out and tried to grab it but only touched the petals.