Chapter 31: Frick

~ Athanasia POV ~

How long has it been since I felt like this? 3 Days? Or even a week? Ugh, even the painkillers don't work on me.

"Hannah, have you figured it out?" I sit up from my bed while rubbing my eyes. I had dark circles around it and could barely focus due to the lack of sleep I had.

"Miss. I don't think it's a problem with your body but the mind instead" Hannah frowns and pushes me down onto the bed again. "Can you please tell me what happened? If you don't, then I can't help you" She begged me. Her expression was sad and worried for me.

Should I tell her?

"... It's just a simple heartburn. Isn't there medicine for it?"

Hannah shook her head while telling me it was not just a heartburn but something more. I argued with her about my health and questioned why I've been like this since that day. In the end, she couldn't cure my mysterious pain and forced me to sleep.

~ 3rd POV ~

Diana strokes her chin as she thinks about Athanasia's condition in the office. Ever since she returned from her trip, she noticed that Athanasia was becoming depressed and pessimistic but still she tried to keep her happy personality on. Smiling and laughing around will only worsen her pain as she continues to bury it deeper in her heat.

"... she's heartbroken" Diana figures it out in a snap with a stern face while pointing her finger at nothing.

Lily squints her eyes at her answer in puzzlement. "How can you be sure about that?"

"A mother can always tell and she's in that stage right now!" Diana grins with a thumbs up while staring at Lily confidently and proudly even though she shouldn't because her daughter is suffering.

"Uh-huh," Lily just goes with it and nods. "So what can we do to heal her?"

"Ah!" Diana blanks out with a smile and then a moment of silence passes. "I don't know"

Lily sighs dully at her response. "My Duchess, then I'm afr-"

"Wait a minute!" Diana shouts and jumps up from her chair while beaming at her. Lily shuts her mouth and glumly prepares for her next response. "I figured it out!"

Lily smiled hard in embarrassment. "Oh really? Then what is it?"

"We shall go on vacation!" She announced and Lily stared at her in astonishment.

"I think we should come up with another solution, My Duchess" Lily suggests as she panics about the situation because she knows it won't fix her mood.

"Don't worry! I know what I'm doing!" Diana grins and then runs out of the room brightly leaving behind the dispirited Lily.

'I hope you do....' Lily prays.

*TIME SKIP* - In the Palace -

Jennette takes a walk around the palace with a happy mood, lollygagging around and not careful of her surroundings nor safety. She was just proud of herself protecting Anastasia and keeping her to herself. Tormenting and breaking her as much as she can, Jennette was convinced she was doing the right thing. However, Athanasia was clueless about her manipulations and still heartbroken. Jennette was nearly done with her plan or trapping Anastasia but still had one more problem to deal with.

Jennette stops and smiles as she looks at someone across the hallway. He noticed her gaze and was discomforted by it. Soon they meet each other and they greet each other.

"Princess" Lucas bows and Jennette smirks in appeasement.

Jennette looks down on him. "Sir Lucas, do you have time to talk? Please it's just for a few minutes" She asked.