Chapter 10: Surging

~ Athanasia POV ~

I woke up in my bed like another day of me pushing my limit with magic. It's a happy day for me because I'm 13!! I managed to get past 9 without even facing that jerk of an emperor!! I jumped around in my bed and couch in excitement but soon the party died because I had one more destructive event.

The debutante.

Jennette will reveal herself at the party and so Claude will give her the emerald palace and everything including his love. It's pathetic.

Well as long as I don't come to the part- ah! How can I forget? There might be no party at all because it's for Athanasia who was left as the forgotten princess forever. For me, I think I'm permanently the forgotten princess because I'm pretty sure nobody except for the people in the ruby palace knows about my existence. I have been living in isolation for my entire life and would explore the town in disguise. Wait, then how is she going to reveal herself if there's no party? Whatever, she's the protagonist so it's not my problem! I just gotta find a way to survive!

The moment Lily and the maids came in to help me wash up, I quickly sent them away. I need to take care of myself from now on!

"But Athy!" Lily's jaw dropped along with the other maids and protested my request.

I shake my head in no. "I need to learn how to take care of myself" When I get out of the palace. "I'm almost 14 so please?"

Lily's lip quivers and she puts her hand over her mouth as she tears up. I gaped at her in disbelief. Is she sad that she can't take care of me?

"Athanasia... You really have grown up perfectly!" Lily reached her arms out and hugged me. "I'm proud of you..."

I unconsciously hugged her back with a blank face. The other maids were also tearing up and holding back to urge to cry. My mouth opened wide in astonishment. Does everyone have low expectations for me?!

*TIME SKIP*

When I was alone in the bathroom, I took my time and washed up. Lily would constantly knock on the door and check on me, making sure I wasn't hurt. Then when I came out all alone and changed into my new dress, everyone looks at me as if I did something amazing that it changed their whole life because it did. I'm making their jobs easier!!

"Princess, what dress is that?" One of the maids questioned.

"I have never seen that dress in my life" Lily also scanned my dress in puzzlement.

Shoot. I shouldn't have chosen this dress... This was one of daddy's gifts to me when we went outside of the palace. Then the memory of us buying it together made me smile with joy.

"It was at the back of the closet!~" I twirled around to show off my dress. "You guys never choose it so I decided to wear it today!~"

They all sighed in relief and enjoyed looking at me smiling bubbly as I had fun speaking to them. After that, it was time for my lesson but I didn't need to learn anymore! I can memorize the entire book with my magic! Plus I replaced this time to play or train with daddy. So when I was alone in the room before the teacher came, I would create a clone of myself to take my place.

"Hello, master!~" It speaks to me with a bubbly voice and a smile that would make anyone's heart flutter. "Hehe!~ Are we learning today?" It giggles.

I frowned at it with cold eyes. "Yes, don't fail me" I commanded.

"Of course, master!~" She giggles while nodding.

I teleported outside and watched my own clone from the window to make sure it won't make any mistakes. When the teacher came in, she greeted her normally as usual then they went onto the lessons. Good.