Chapter 28: Grand

The first day ended splendidly with everyone all exhausted and the town a colorful mess. The nobles that visited leaves and the Karalis prepare the next day of celebration which is a ball. For this day, only people who were invited could come and they were only allowed to bring 2 other guests with them. However, knowing the Duchess and Anastasia, they basically invited everyone and so they had to set up a dress code that would restrict some guests from entering.

However, there was one accessory that was required for entry: Everyone has to wear a mask.

The news spread rapidly and everyone began going to their tailor to make masks for them. Athanasia sends an example so the guests get an idea of what they should be wearing and hence they get prepared for the ball. The maids begin designing her special mask and dress that would make her shine on her birthday. Athanasia is always borrowing ideas from the modern world so she could see herself wearing modern fashion when she didn't have the chance in the past life.

Then the day came and she got ready for the masquerade ball.

~ Athanasia POV ~

I put on the enchanting red dress and check myself in the mirror to check it out. The color really makes me look... mature. I don't know how to explain it because it makes me very attractive maturely when I shouldn't. My back is kinda exposed but ribbons are covering it and my high heels are also seductive. I guess red does bring out the woman in me but I should've saved it for my 18th birthday.

"Thanks to your uncle from the Sidionna Kingdom, we were able to create a dress so unique that would definitely stand out"

"It even shines with colors and lights!" Hannah squeals.

Of course, they're amazed by the new fabric brought over by my arrogant and cowardly uncle. It was so sparkling that they got mesmerized by the tiny jewels and diamonds within the silk. I wasn't surprised by it since I already saw something similar back in the modern world.

It was like holographic sequins stuck into the fibers of the cloth. It's rare and new here apparently.

My dress was shorter around the knees and there's just some white lace on the top part of my dress and the rest of the shine relies on the glitter layers.

"Miss, it's time" Hannah smiles and gives me my mask. It was silver with sequins layering it and a bunch of hole patterns on it. It also had some sort of moon design on top off to the side too.

I put it on and looked at myself once again in the mirror to appreciate my beauty. "... I look... mature" I comment.

"That's because you're growing and nearly an adult already" Lily guides me away to the party as we walk down the hall, my stomach turns inside out as I get nervous about my appearance.

"What if they don't like it?" I asked. My parents still treat me like a little girl and if they see me wearing this, I'm not sure how they'll react.

"It's ok. Your parents will support you no matter what and besides they already know you can't stay a little girl forever" Lily reassures me and touches my cheek. "I'm so proud to see you grow into a proper adult," She said as tears swell in her eyes.

"Lily, don't cry" I frowned and hugged her while patting her back.

"I'm sorry, Miss" She sucks up her tears and hugs me. "It was as if yesterday you were still a baby in my own arms and now I'm finally getting to see you get the life you deserved and-" She pulls away and looks at me in the eyes. "I'm just so happy"

"Me too, Lily" I smiled at her. "I'm glad that you stayed by my side as my family" A teardrop fell out of my eye.

Ah, my makeup is going to get ruined now...