Chapter 15: Rise

~ Athanasia POV ~

It's been a few weeks and I'll say. Our city has truly grown big and more powerful but the pace is still too fast. I'm afraid that it'll become unbalanced and we'll lose our city quickly. So it's my job to keep it stable and safe while also taking care of the people. Though father is doing a lot more now that he's back, we work together. We became getting recognition for our work in the city that father had gotten so many business invitations from other nobles. He didn't want to go but I convinced him to because it'll benefit us if our popularity spreads all over the empire.

"Lily. How are the farms?" I check the data.

"Well thanks to your methods, the dirt managed to become soil and they were able to grow enough crops to feed the whole population. Though more people are moving in."

"Good. More people would support us considering how we got 20% of the empire's land and it'll raise our budget too. Our land is growing too." I grinned to our success. "Are the roads finished yet? And what about the dams too?"

"Well, the roads are almost complete and the dams are finished thanks to the help of the animals which is fascinating how nature is cooperating with us."

Yes! I wanted to climb on the table and dance with all my might at our achievements. However, I can't celebrate yet because I don't know how long this "easy" life will last.

"Next build a river that streams with the fields and plant sugarcane." I think about the people that need help. Hmm. Will father let me host a social event? "Build an orphanage. There are too many kids lost in the streets and the church can't handle all of them but school is more important so add that to the list too"

Lily writes all my proposals down on her paper and smiles gladly at me. "Athy, you have grown into a fine woman!" She pinches my cheek.

"Lily, I'm not a child anymore" I whined.

"Yes, but you're still precious in my eyes no matter what" She cups my cheek and inspect my face closely.

I cringed at her motherly side and bear with it for a while. But I couldn't handle it anymore and came up with an excuse so that she'll leave. "Shouldn't you be training??"

"I'm still your maid, Athy"

"Yeah but you haven't gotten enough," I said as I raised my hand. "Like if someone suddenly... ATTACKS!" I hurl my hand towards her head.

FWISH

She acted quickly and blocked my attack. Then she twists my arm and turns my body around even forcing me on the ground, paining me more by twisting my arm way past my limit. "Owwie!~" I cried and tapped out.

She sighed and let go of me. "Athy, you shouldn't surprise me like that!"

I looked at my wrist and it was red from her grab. I rub it to ease the pain as she scolds me. "Sorry, Lily. I thought you were still an amateur because I don't see you train often"

"Whatever. If you wish to be alone, then I'll excuse myself" She pinches my cheek and gives me a scary face. "But you are right. I still need to work on my strength" She kisses my forehead and then leaves the room.

Wahhh. She's such a fast learner and much stronger than I am! I trained for years and she only trained for about a month and a half!! God! This is what I get for being so lazy and using magic...

I got my stuff together after suffering from losing my pride a bit and went back to work...

I scroll through the book and research as I carefully think of a solution. I stole some of daddy's research papers for the sake of this experiment. It may be a little guilty but the end result will make up for it!