Chapter 23: Lies

~ Athanasia POV ~

It's the day! I clench my fists together and nod to myself in front of the mirror. I can do this!

"... Is there something you wish to say, Miss?" Lily hums happily as she styles my hair. "This is your first tea party too!~ I hope you make lots of friends there" She encouraged me even though she's aware of the host.

When news spread that princess Jennette had arrived and lived in the Emerald Palace. All the maid's reactions were not so good nor safe at the same time. In fact, they were so outraged by the announcement that they wanted to assassinate the emperor and begin another rebellion. Of course, that was too chaotic so mommy and I had to convince them that there's no need to and just live our new lives in peace.

"Lily, are you really coming with me?"

"I have to. It's the Duke's command and besides, we don't have knights in this household" She said.

"But Felix will be there," I said.

"Yes but he's not your knight" She brushes my hair. "Don't worry I won't get in your way nor disturb you"

"I'm not worried about that," I said. "I'm worried about your uniform"

"I already got permission from His Majesty and he said it's not against the law."

"Ok.." I sighed.

At least I will get a real friendship compared to him.

*TIME SKIP* - Tea Party -

"Greeting everyone, I'm so glad that you can come to my tea party" Jennette shines brightly as she smiled with glee.

The looks of the leading lady...

"I'm princess Jennette, it's very nice to meet you all"

"My name is Estine" "I'm from the household..." "I'm Helena"

Helena? Wasn't she the one that I talked to at the banquet?

"..." It got quiet for some reason and I shook my head. Why are they staring- Gah! I got caught up in my thoughts!

I grin with soft eyes and confidently introduce myself. "I'm Anastasia Karalis and it's a great honor to be here!~" I smile widely.

"Ah! You're the amazing Anastasia?" Hold up the amazing what?

"I heard about all your achievements!" Of course...

"Did you guys really come from the Sidionna Kingdom? And is your mom really a princess?" Suddenly all attention went to me.

These girls won't stop talking to me like come on! The princess, the protagonist of the novel, is right there!

"You have a very beautiful garden, Your Highness," I said to Jennette. Ugh, I can even feel her dark magic acting up.

"Thank you, my father had built for me" Ah. As expected. It's starting to take place now.

"Really? You have such a loving father" I commented.

"His Majesty is thoughtful! He must really cherish you!" Someone said and then a bunch of compliments came in that appeal to the princess.

With them talking, all I did was eat, drink, and sometimes chat with them. At least I got to speak with girls around my age and it was nice to know some of them. If I get closed with them, it should power my household. Hopefully, I'm not a threat to Jennette since she is now part of the Obelia family.

"I heard that the Alpheus family raised you before His Majesty took you in, Your Highness" Oh. That sly dog's household. "So you grew up with Ijekiel?" The girl asking the question flusters as she fidgets with her fingers.