Chapter 13: Gift

~ Athanasia POV ~

I couldn't question them any further and just obeyed their instructions. There's no use against fighting them if they know my identity. If they were hired by daddy, then that probably means that they're our allies. Slowly building an army to revolt against the emperor and take back the throne. However, it could also be something else. What if it's just for today and daddy erases their memories? Or they're clones!?

"Athanasia, you're finished" The workers stepped away from me and made space for me to get off the chair and walk around.

"The mirror is that way" The owner shows the way to the mirror as I walk down the aisle.

What appeared in front of me was a beautiful young lady that truly showed her worth. I went closer and scanned every part of my body that was popping. Everything is gorgeous. Is this me? Is this really what Athanasia? So pretty... magnificent. Breathtaking. Like a goddess, but still, my face reminds me of my mother...

No one can even compare to her nor me. We're beautiful in our ways.

"Athanasia, your escort is waiting for you outside"

I turned around and followed the person to the door. Then she stopped and gave me a stern face. "Your father is Mr. Karalis, now. Remember that" She tells me and we continued walking.

She bowed along with the others on the sides and they said goodbye to me. "It was an honor to be with Miss." They complimented me.

"... Thank you" I said to them and walked towards the door. One of them opened it and I thanked her once again. "I shall return the favor after today"

The owner shook her head and gave me a friendly face. "No need. Your presence is more than enough." She said. "Now you need to go soon. Your father is waiting for you" She puts my bracelet on me. "And it's best to wear this too"

"Ah. Yes-yes!" I go outside to see a carriage in front waiting for me.

It had to be one of those fancy rich carriages that stood out so that passerby could see it. Although I memorized every family seal in history with the help of my clone, this seal is definitely new and is not even one bit close to any of the others. But that's good because we don't want to impersonate anyone else. The carriage was black along with the seal... It was outlined with white and had a red begonia in the center with thorny branches swirling up. It looks as if we're bad people trying to harm others but that doesn't mean we're good too. It actually matches our personalities moreover magic. Daddy uses black magic but not often and for me, I haven't learned it because there's a price to it. For now, I'll just continue with "safe" magic.
As I go to the carriage, the driver climbs down from his seat and introduces himself. Then he lifted his head and gave me a friendly smile. "Miss. We've been told to escort you to... a place" He clears his throat.

"Did my father send you?" I crossed my arms. I have to make sure it's not some impersonator trying to kidnap me.

"Yes. Mr. Karalis only instructed me to escort you and nothing more, miss"

I nod and he opened the door for me to go in. When he shut the door, he began the ride. This is my first time on a carriage, it's quieter than I thought once I'm inside the carriage. People outside went stop and take a glance at the mysterious and foreign carriage. I even hear them questioning it because of the seal.

"What family is that?" "A black carriage?" "Is it a merchant from another country?" And so on.

I realized that the window was open so I pulled down the blinds to close it. People shouldn't see me!! Then I took my bracelet off and posture myself so that any accessories on myself won't get ruined nor the dress. I just want daddy already!!