Chapter 41: Change

"Ugh...." Athanasia wakes up in bed while a splitting headache along with internal pain around the abdominal area. She felt sick and wanted to vomit as she struggled to sit up. The mana bouncing everywhere in her body, stabilizing itself. She experienced this before but this one was different. It just felt wrong to her while the mana flows in an abnormal way that shouldn't be.

"What happened?" She rubs her head and tries to remember the incident before she fainted. Then she remembers seeing a bright flash and exploding right in front of her before flying into the air and crashing onto the ground. Her immediate thought was.

"Anastasia!"

***

"WAHHHH! IT HURTS!" Anastasia screamed right after she opened her eyes. The mana swirling around inside her body, giving her pain and she feels like dying. She just wanted the pain to be gone.

"Anastasia?!" One servant barges into her room and tries to calm her. "Get Hannah and the royal physician! Bring in a wizard!" She orders and then turns back to her.

Her face was full of tears and eyes dilating in torment. She couldn't bear with it at all. This was all new to her. Mana within her body was burning her from the inside and trying to adapt to the new body as she screams in pain. Too powerful for a normal body, she had no choice but to wait for her body to accept it and become one with it, stabilizing and getting control. Though she did not know that and just suffered from the pain.

"MAKE IT STOP! PLEASE!" She begged the maid holding her down. "KILL ME!" She huffed. "END MY MISERY!"

"No!" Athanasia yelled while leaning on the doorway. Her body was limping and she was already out of breath despite the room being right next to each other. Her hair was dreading down while her eyes were tired along with her body. She stepped inside and put one hand on the table to support herself. She couldn't stand alone.

"D-Don't!" She breathed and then collapsed onto the floor. Her legs gave up but her arms and spirit didn't. The maids wanted to help her but they were too busy holding down Anastasia jumping around in bed.

"Miss, please don't move! We'll call the others to escort you back to your room!"

"I said no!" She crawled to the side of the bed and scanned Anastasia as she noticed her patterns going off. The mana is creating another storm that's able to explode due to the unstable state. "I'll handle it!" Athanasia takes her hand and instantly she feels the mana clashing with hers.

"WAHHHHHH!" Anastasia screams even louder and stops moving. The contact paralyzed her completely and she stayed frozen like a corpse while crying. Though her body was trembling with her mana going crazy. Athanasia was already tired but she was at her limit. The two manas flowed out and created sparks that caused the maids to distance themselves as Athanasia continued holding her hand.

'Arg! This is so painful!' She grinds her teeth as she tries to stabilize the mana. 'What do I do?'

"Master...." Anastasia looks at Athanasia who was sweating bullets and hurting. The sight of her suffering made Anastasia's heart breaks as she whimpers. "...." All the emotions within her heart were going crazy.

Then it stopped.

"...ugh" Athanasia's eyes droop as her vision blurs to darkness. Already over her limit, she drops into bed beside Anastasia who was confused. Her body stopped hurting as she felt the mana easing her and getting in control.

"... what is this?" She blinks and stares at the unconscious blonde in astonishment. "..." She sits up blankly while feeling weird sensations all over her body with her mana adapting to the new owner.