Chapter 45: Fin

*Many Months Later*

The bells ring loud and echo everywhere as the people rejoice together. Flowers flew around in the air as the wind carried them and rain down. The palace was loud and jolly with many servants scrambling around on a special day.

Jennette steps inside the palace after months of living outside of the empire and living in Arlanta with Ijekiel. Although Athanasia didn't want her to leave, Jennette insisted and soon she found her own life where she's independent and a freedwoman. Ijekiel, on the other hand, went with Jennette so she wouldn't feel lonely and felt guilty for taking part in his father's plan. Nevertheless, they were able to work it out and fell in love for real.

"What's going on?" Jennette's eyes roam the decorated palace as she walks around. "Oh. I forgot it's today"

"What's today?" Ijekiel asks her and she turns her head over to him with a gentle smile.

"There's a wedding today"

***

Everyone gathers around outside on a wonderful sunny day. The music plays and the couple stands at the altar. They were shy in the public eye but they conquered that fear when they stood by each other's side. Nothing but gleeful smiles on their faces as some cries tear of joy. It was a magnificent day for a couple to get married.

The wedding officiant stands in the center, following the script as the couple waits for their line. Once the question was asked and they responded with "I do". The maids burst into tears along with some knights as they praised them.

"You may kiss the bride" The wedding officiant moves out of the way and lets them have their moment.

The bride smiled wholeheartedly at her groom as he returned it with the same expression. They thought to themselves. 'Who knew they would end up together'. Apparently only some knew. Anyway, they lean into each other's faces slowly as their eyelids closed over. Then when their lips touched, the crowd went wild as they cheered on the newlyweds.

"Give it up for the married couple. Lily and Felix!" They roared and flowers exploded in the air as it rained on them.

"I never thought I would be married" Lily laughed and touched her forehead with Felix.

"Neither did I" He responded and they went for another round of a kiss.

The maids and knights were bonding and crying together about their leaders getting married. From the start, Lily admits to Felix that he was the father and he already knew it. He proposed to her and vowed to love her and raised their child together like a real father. Lily accepted and so it led up to this day. Their co-workers approved of their love and so they became friends. No more of the rivalry and hate between the two sides as they became allies. They all soon forget the past and move on to a new future where everyone is peaceful and friends...enough.

"Hey, your name is Ashley right?" The maid asked the innocent servant that was working at the wedding.

"Huh?" The woman looks at her in bewilderment while staying cautious of the suspicious murderer even though they vowed to be peaceful again. "... Yes?"

"One of the knights has a crush on you" She bluntly tells her.

"W-What?" She raised her eyebrows and began to blush.

"He's over there. Thank me later!" She pushed her to the suitor which put a halt to her work as the maid became a wingman for her new buddy.

As the maids drink alcohol with the knights, one puts her hand on his shoulder and pats it with a frown. The knight faces her in confusion as she nods her head.