Chapter 16: Stalemated

~ Athanasia POV ~

KNOCK KNOCK

"Miss..?" Lily talks through the door while I sulk in bed. "Your father is going out again... Don't you want to say goodbye?" She asked in concern.

It's only been 2 days since that time and we still haven't made up. Father would often stay in his office or go to business meetings and during those events is what I get out of the room. Mother tells me to at least talk and works it out but we're too... stubborn...

God this is so childish.

"It's fine. He's going to come back anyway" I got up and went to my bathroom. "Besides I gotta wash up"

Lily understood and left me alone to deal with my feelings. I go to the sink and wash my face. Then I stared at myself for a while. The spell is taking its effect already...

I rub my cheeks and go closer in the mirror. I've grown taller and my face has matured. I'm aging too fast. Sigh. So this was the price of raising the dead. My magic is mixed up too, making a mess and getting stronger at the same time. It's either I'm cursed or my magic is...

Basically, in order to get rid of this, I have to get rid of my mana or... pass it on. Ahh, I have to read more books now.

"Athanasia" I get startled by her voice. "You should've talked to him!"

I turned my back on the mirror so my mother couldn't see my face. "But he's pissed and refused to speak"

"Sigh. You only assumed that because that's the first time. He's not mad at you, he was worried." She said. "He cares about you..."

"...I know" I frowned. "It's just that... he's frightening sometimes" I admit. I'm too afraid to approach him and would avoid seeing him too. Every time I need to submit my work for the city, I would send Lily instead.

"... He may seem like that but Athanasia, please. Do talk to him, he's worried about you" She reassures me. "You're still his daughter in his eyes and heart no matter what"

"... Yes, mother" I sighed. "Can you go? I want some privacy right now.."

"Of course"

When she disappeared in the mirror, I grabbed a towel and covered it so she wouldn't see the things I do. God, I need to go outside.

*TIME SKIP* - Hours Later -

At this time, the maids should be drinking and they are already aware that I'm locked in my room. So while they drink, I decide to dress up and go out with Raven. However, this time I felt like playing outside of the mansion rather than the garden. Another place that holds memories.

"This place is more disgusting than before" I roam around the palace. "Raven!" I called out and whistled.

'Master!' Raven runs to me. 'This place is deserted!' He sniffs the air. 'But I sense another presence nearby' He wags his tail.

I rub his head. "It's probably a servant from the Garnet Palace. Don't worry too much about it" I reassured him.

I still can't believe that I snuck back in here without anyone's knowledge. Raven and I teleported back to the Ruby Palace since we did meet there for the first time...

I lift my head up and let my eyes explore the area then it stops on a tall tower. "The wizard tower" I mumbled to myself. That's where I met father...

I shake my head and smile at Raven who was very looking around for any threats. He kept his guard up as he continued to search for the threat. 'Master! There!' He points his nose in the direction of the Garnet Palace.