Chapter 20: Debut

~ Diana POV ~ *Before*

"Your Majesty..." The voice from the mirror echoes into my world.

I lay flat onto the cold hard floor and plug my ears while shutting my eyes. Stop...

"Your Majesty," Another person said the same thing.

Stop it.

"..." I opened my eyes and sat up to find him staring directly into the mirror with a cold-hard face that I saw when I first met him. No love, just loneliness. That was expressed from the beginning.

"Another day," He said to himself as he turned his back.

Claude... I placed my hand over my chest. My heart stays calm and empty for some reason. This feeling...

I covered my face and ruffled my hair in agony. How come it's different? When did I start feeling like this towards him? I remember the special love I would feel in my heart every time I see him. But now... it's just nothing.

"... Claude." I frowned with pity. "You refused my gift and lost it... along with my love," I said with no pain whatsoever in my heart. Even though I'm not hurt, it just saddens me that I made such a decision.

"Selfish" I remember a very familiar voice in my head. "You've always made selfless choices. It's amazing"

"What do you mean? It's just something I do." I muttered the same line I said to him.

"But have you ever thought of making one selfish choice?" I see him grin softly as my heart thumps louder than ever in my head. "It's not always bad to make them. Maybe one day you'll get what you want with everyone happy"

"... So silly" I stand up. "I'm ok with this life" I mumbled.

"But don't you want to be free? Not just alone but with the people you love? Your family?"

"Watching them is enough because their freedom makes me feel free"

"Sigh. To be honest, I want to hold your hand. I don't know why though" He quickly closed his mouth and stood up all of a sudden. "Whatever. I'm going"

... He was shy. It's adorable.

... "I also want to hold your hand" I whispered faintly. "Hug... play... comfort... be together..." I gasped. "... I want to be loved by you" I made a selfish thought.

"Because... I have fallen in love with you, Anastacius" I admit my own feelings. 

I want to be a family with you and Athanasia... 

*FLASH*

I opened my eyes to find the ceiling above my head. I sit up and stretch my body while yawning. I have never slept in such a long time. I looked at my palm with my fingers spread out and then closed them.  

I'm out... I finally came out after so long...

I touched the bedsheet and smiled widely.

"I can feel it," I said and then jump out of bed in exhilaration. "Lily!" I yelled out and suddenly got a burst of energy to dance in the room. 

I nearly forgot my burning passion for dancing!!

In a matter of seconds, the door burst open with Lily's hand on the knot and her being within the room. We stared at each other with different expressions. She was stunned while I was happy. I walked toward her as she stayed in place.

"You called, my Lady?" She said and I tap her nose with my index finger.

"I just boop your nose!~" I winked and bare my teeth.