Chapter 19: Encounter

*TIME SKIP* - Weeks Later - ~ Athanasia POV ~

"Ugh. It's so boring here" Lucas complains as he picks up a book, opens it, and toss it on the ground then goes to the next.

"Then why won't you go back wherever you came from instead of coming here" I give him advice and he ignores me. "If you're going to come here on your own will, then you might as well shut it and stop complaining!" I threatened him and he just brushed it off as usual.

It's been like 2-3 weeks and Lucas has been coming here secretly to "cleanse" my mana but he mostly has been freeloading off of me for a bit. I'm surprised that my father hasn't caught him yet. But it's for the best I guess. If he finds out, I'm sure Lucas will die instantly by his hands since he chose to stay in a young age, and misunderstandings would definitely happen.

"I see that you finally cut your hair" My eyes move along with the lines in the books. "Any reason why?" I should keep him company for a while before my next class.

"It's spring and it gets hot around my neck. Plus it'll grow back so I'm fine with this" He flips through the pages of the book. "What is this pathetic book??" He comments.

I sighed. I'm done with him already... "What is it again?" I took my eyes off of my book and checked on him. I quickly took an interest in the thing in his hand. "Oh... The Memories of Aetarnithas?" I sneered.

"What's with that look? You don't like it?" He throws it to the ground and goes to another bookshelf. I told him to respect the books and not throw it to the ground as if it's nothing because they hold value no matter how much lies these crappy history books have.

"Lucas, can you relax and not abuse the books?" I yawned. God, I'm so tired. "I know history is corrupted but just deal with it" To be honest, I liked the Magician of the Tower. I guessed I enjoyed it enough.

"Yooo! That idiot became the strongest magical emperor in history?" His eyes go along the lines fast as he reads the book. "Tsk! Can you believe this stuff?!" He throws it to the ground.

SWOOSH

I chuck my book at his head and it perfectly hit his pretty-boy face. He stumbles backward and covers his face as the book falls. "Ow! What the hell?? Why my face?"

I glared at him with fiery eyes that wanted to end his life instantly. "If you're going to visit, then don't make a mess!" I let out my anger at him.

"Ok, my bad" He rolls his eyes and goes through the bookshelves again. "By the way, what's your real name? Is it Athanasia or Anastaisa? And what's up with your weird background too?" He gives me a straight face. "Why are you so mysterious?"

"... Said the old wizard who took a 200 years nap" I picked up my quill pen and practiced writing another language. If only my clone was here... "I'm not the only one with secrets." I glanced back at him and then went back to my writing. "I'm sure you also want to keep it to yourself. But let me warn you this: Don't ever mention the name 'Athanasia' to the public"

"So you go by Anastasia outside but Athanasia inside?" He asked and I nodded. "Weird..."

This guy... I want to punch him so much but I gotta suppress this murderous intention within. I don't think I can win against him. "Sigh. I'm going to my lesson now. Clean up when you're finished" I shut my book and put all my books back with a gloomy expression.

I want to go out so badly

"Ok, 'scholar'" He said as I went out the door. "Don't push yourself"

*TIME SKIP* - Days Later  -

My father sits in his chair with a tired face and dark expression as he keeps his head down. I didn't know what was up with him so I kinda got worried but at the same time, I think I know why.