Chapter 25: Trickster

~ Athanasia POV ~

"Hahahaha!~" I laughed cheerfully as Raven played with me around the garden. I run with him and even let him lick my face as my parents sit aside and watch me play. When I saw my father stand up, my smile immediately turned into a frown and I faced him.

"How was my acting?" I asked him.

"... It's good enough but can you keep up with it for the whole day?"

"I'll do my best" I force a grin and giggle.

"You're very convincing" He comments. "Anyway you have my permission to go to her tea party"

"Really, daddy?" I jumped up and down with a bubbly personality. "Thank you!~" I smiled.

He frowns and pats my head. "You don't have to force yourself with me. I already know"

I took his hand and sadly looked at him in the eyes. "... I just miss being like this with you" I miss the feeling of being happy with my father and everyone else.

I know that I still love them somewhere in my heart but it is buried very deep and overpowered by the other bad feelings. However, what he doesn't know is that I'm actually recovering thanks to Lucas. I don't know how but there were very rare moments with him where the emotion, joy, finally came back but only for a short time.

Though I still doubt him sometimes since he works for the royal family and so that makes me more depressed than happy.

Ugh. This is so confusing.

*TIME SKIP* - Tea Party -

Since Princess Jennette invited everyone for another tea party, I could reject the offer and this time her mother is attending the party. Very strange and a rare opportunity to see the "Future Empress" if she can even become one though... It's very possible if she was the only woman Claude ever loved and of course he loves Jennette too. I think when Jennette becomes the Crown Princess, she'll become Empress? Maybe? It's actually up to the emperor to decide if he wants her to be his Empress or not but peer pressure can also affect him.

Whatever! I just keep focusing on maintaining a friendship with Jennette.

"Mother, are you excited?" I asked her as we rode in the carriage with Lily.

"Of course! There will be many food and drinks. People to socialize with!" She squeals and I felt myself grinning in awe at my mother but then it stopped soon after. "Not to mention, you'll also be making friends too!"

"Ah. Yes," I said. "Sadly, father can't come" I sigh.

"That man is basically living under a rock!" She fussed. "Can't believe he didn't want to come with us."

Father was stubborn not to come to this tea party with us because it'll mostly be filled with ladies and daughters. He was aware that there were going to be some boys but still didn't want to go since he has other businesses to take care of.

We arrived at the location and got off in a fashionable way. The party was very bright and sociable, especially in the outdoors. The garden is beautiful too. Mother probably loves it very much.

"Ok! I will talk with the adults while you socialize with your friends" She kisses my cheek and my heart warms up. "If you need anything else, come to me or Lily!" She smiled but in a strange way.

I recognize that expression...

"Mother, no need to worry" I place my hand on her cheek. "I'll be fine on my own!~" I smiled brightly at her and she nods.

"Ok..." She lets go and walks away slowly. "Have fun..." She mouths to me and I nod.

Once we finally separated, I searched for Jennette and found her with a crowd of people surrounding her. I approach the crowd with a smirk and confidently walk over to Jennette as people make ways for us.