Chapter 14: Emerging

~ Athanasia POV ~

It's been a few days since I have officially left the dreaded palace along with the maids and Raven!! Daddy has planned this for a long time and even worked together with powerful groups to get all of this! Not to mention, Lily and the others are still with us and even live in the same place. Their families are also in our lands which is amazing. However, there's still stuff that needs to be fixed.

"The people in the far countryside have suffered a great famine and are unable to grow crops in time for their stomach." I heard a stranger's voice on the other side of the door.

Although, we may be living great considering our magic. There are people suffering in this empire and the emperor is too busy with foreign affairs. This gives us the opportunity to help them and gain support for our family. Therefore we will rise to power but slowly. We need to pace ourselves because if we get so much support in a short amount of time, it's most likely to collapse and will burden us all deeply...

"Karalis, they have wandered around looking for shelter and stumbled upon your land."

I grinned in satisfaction after instantly coming up with a solution. I step away from the door and skip to my room with a happy face. Can't wait to tell daddy!~

"Athanasia!" Lily suddenly shouts and startles me.

I stopped and stood still as I stared back at her. She gave me a frustrated face and sighed. "How many times do I have to tell you not to snoop on your father?"

"But Lily!" I said. "I'm just trying to find ways to help!"

She shakes her head. "Athy, that still doesn't give you the right to eavesdrop on him" She grabs my hand. "Now it's time for your next lesson. Let's go"

*TIME SKIP*

"Very impressive for a newcomer of the Obelia empire" My mentor compliments me. "I may have underestimated you"

I gazed at her as she talked about me and my family. She's one of the few people within this household that doesn't know our true identity and so we had to adapt to our new life with different names and appearances.

"There are many things you don't know of the Karalis," I stated and softly smiled at her.

"I see. You guys had just moved in from another country and bought this new but not a very profitable land" She clears her throat. "Sorry for my rudeness but it's the truth. This specific part of the country may be huge but does not offer a lot"

"No, I understand, but thank you for saying that," I said. "Although it's very dry and just mainly dirt. There's still some potential to it!" I faced the window and looked at the deserted land. "My father knows what to do..."

*TIME SKIP* - Dinner Time -

We eat our new delicious and flavorful dinner next to each other and the maids would gleefully watch me delightfully enjoy my time with my father. It's true what they said, I have never been this happy until father came into my life. But with plan A successfully accomplished which is getting out of the palace and living far away, now I have to focus on my current situation... Meaning we have to improve this wasteland and make the environment safer for the people!

"Father, how is the work coming along?" I sip my tea.

"Well, there are jobless farmers on my land but I'm sure you already know that," He said. "You should practice sneaking before you even attempt it on me" He smirked at me and I got nervous in fear. "Whatever, I only planned to plant trees to help with this dry climate. Although it may be hard, winter will help and not to mention I now control the weather. There will be heavy snow for about 2 weeks"