Chapter 36: Relations

*TIME SKIP* - Months Later -

Anastasia begins exchanging letters with Jennette out of nowhere. She explained that she moved to the Sidonna Kingdom and stayed with the King for a while. Jennette believed it and all her worries left her as she perked up again. Though she was still suspicious of Athanasia that lived in the new palace but couldn't reach her. However, since Anastasia was back, she didn't care and just focused on ways to make her stay by her side forever. Meanwhile, Penelope was a complete mess who didn't know what to do. She tried sending people over to the new palace to see the owners but they were all stopped and even threatened by the maids. And so nobody dared to try until one day she had had enough...

"Ugh! I can't take this anymore!" She screamed in her room. "I can't sit here all day when some whore is off seducing the emperor!" The door bursts open with Penelope stomping out of her room, making her way toward the palace.

The Emerald maids tried to stop her but Penelope would shove them out of her way and continue stomping to the new palace to see the people. Jennette heard the ruckus and sprint outside to find her mother huffing like a bull. She catches up with Penelope and becomes concerned for her.

"Mother, where are you going exactly?"

"To the Quartz Palace and confront them!" Penelope grit her teeth and Jennette opened her eyes wide at her statement. "They're taking everything from us!"

"Mom. This is outrageous. Father told us not to go there"

"Shut up! I won't let a mere beggar take our places as crown princess and Empress of Obelia" Penelope trespasses into the hallway and scans the area with her eyes for the first time. Seeing the magnificent garden and architect made her even more furious to see how luxurious they were living in. "Tsk! This is unfair!" She shouted.

"PFF!" The maid spits out her water and chokes on it while coughing. "Holy crap! She's in!"

"... oh my god, they both are..." Her co-worker crossed her arms as they all watched them from the rooftop.

"Shall I shoot them down?" The sniper points her gun and aims at them.

"Actually we would be giving them mercy if we did so don't" She rubs her chin.

"... uh, shouldn't we stop them?" One of them mentioned and all eyes were on her.

"... and risk losing the bet? Hell no!" She hits her back.

"Ahhhh! You caught me!" They all laughed and played around while Penelope caused a ruckus within the palace.

"Let's see what happens when she encounters the emperor" They all snickered evilly as they followed them.

Athanasia hears the noise from inside her room and runs out to the garden. She saw her mother and Claude having their regular afternoon meeting together peacefully with a gloomy aura. They were talking about businesses this time and not other things. Diana's knowledge surprised Claude when he found out she could do the work of an Empress efficiently probably due to the experiences of being a Duchess and learning from Anastacius. However, he was no longer interested after the 'betrayal' but still kept his promise to take care of them. They got interrupted by the sound of Penelope's shriek and they both turned their heads to the direction of the screech.

Diana stands up fast and runs to her daughter who was in distress and sweating bullets. She touched her face and looked at her up and down, checking for any signs of an injury or something.

"What's wrong?" Diana furrowed her eyebrows and brushed her hair back.

"I heard a noise and ran out, thinking that something must've happened to you" Athanasia exclaimed. "I think Penelope is here..."