Chapter 4: Adventure

~ Athanasia POV ~ - A Few Months Later -

Training has... mysteriously become gentle and easier. Ever since that I drowned and somehow woke up in bed, I assumed it was a dream until daddy told me without even a thought about it.

"You would've drowned if it wasn't for me. And also don't go near those plants ever again. Huhuhuhu!~"

I remember his exact words! How can he even laugh in my face when I nearly died?! I smack the surface of the water in my bathtub in anger. 'Bastard! Scumbag! Dirtbag!' 

I cursed at him with as many insults as I can come up with. "Princess, what causes such behavior?" Lily looks at me with uneasy eyes. 

I smiled at her to relieve her and let out a quiet giggle. "Nothing! I just like bubbles!" 

After I got washed and changed into my pajamas. Lily puts in bed and sings a lullaby.

"Good night, princess" She kisses my cheek. 

"Night, Lily" I closed my eyes and prepared myself for tomorrow. At least I can rest at night.

TAP TAP

What? I opened my eyes and sat up. Then I got out of bed and walked over to the window while yawning and rubbing my eyes. It was him again but why is he bothering at night? He usually comes during playtime and naptime.

"What is it, papa?" I yawned again.

SWISH

He teleports me outside all of a sudden. The cold instantly hits me and I begin to shake from the chills. "It's cold, papa" I hugged myself and rubbed my arms.

"Maybe you can use heat spells to warm yourself" He smirked at me. This dirtbag! He thinks I'll learn this way! When will he realize that I'm still a kid!?

"But I don't know any, papa" I give him a sad frown but he still keeps his happy expression at me. Come on! Are you a freaking sadist!? Have a little sympathy, will you?!

"Don't worry. We're not playing with magic today!" Playing?! You called that playing?! That was torture! "In fact, we're going to the festival" My mind begins to blank out.

Festival? There's a festival today? "When is your birthday?" He asked me.

I flinched in surprise. It's tomorrow, the day I turn 7. "Tomorrow, papa"

What will you do to me on my birthday huh? Are you going to train me like always? Or give me gold and jewelry? Riches...I would like that very much actually.

"You're cold right?" He snapped his fingers and I felt a swish of magic on myself. I looked down and my pajamas changed into a pretty and fluffy dress that was enough to warm me.

Then he snaps again and changes his clothes. "And these eyes and hair won't do"

He puts on a ring and his hair and eyes completely turned black. That ring must be similar to the one Jennette uses to hide her jewel eyes. 

"And you too!" He takes out a bracelet and bends down to put it on my hand. "There. Now nobody will recognize us as the royal family" He looks at me in the eyes.

What traits do I have now? I took a piece of my hair and slid my fingers down. It was black like his.

"You can choose your eye color. Whatever you want them to be," he said.

Whatever I want them to be? Then I thought of my mom. Even though I have never seen her, Lily told me she had very pretty and sparkling pink eyes like a fairy. "I want it to be pink like mama!"