Chapter 34: Farewell

~ Athanasia POV ~

I was walking. But where? There was nothing in front of me. In fact, there's nothing around me. It's just a void in here and so I ran straight without thinking. I don't need to think but somehow I was already tired after a few steps for some reason. I barely moved too. Why do I feel so tired?

"... Huff. Huff" I stopped to catch my breath and closed my eyes for one second. Then I opened my eyes and the ground was in my sight. Not only that but my feet too. However, my feet were too small as if I was just younger. I lifted my chin and found myself in a huge field with nothing but grass everywhere and the clear sky.

"Where the hell am I?" I looked around and squinted my eyes to see farther.

Then I noticed a strange figure in the distance and began walking towards it.

"Hello?"

I shouted and it didn't move. Heck, the closer I got to it, the bigger the figure got. Maybe a bit bigger because I thought the person should be a couple of inches taller not a couple of feet. However, when I got close enough, I finally recognized the person in my view. Although his face wasn't revealed to me, I already tell who it is just by his back. The posture was too familiar and his blonde messy hair gave it away. He was standing still while gazing at the sky.

Then my feet moved automatically as I ran to him. Each step I take, he gets closer to me and I somehow become taller. My arms would leave my view and come back longer and more mature every time. I felt my hair getting heavy and also flowing in the wind as I finally reached him.

"Papa!~" I yelled out and he flinched in startlement at the sound of my voice. He turns his back in bewilderment and gapes at me.

"Athanasia?" He gasps and I run to him with open arms but suddenly I trip in front of my own foot and fall forward. He automatically puts his hand out and catches me and I go into his arms. "... Are you really here?" He hugged me tight and it felt warm too.

"Father..." I hugged him tightly with a joyful face but for some reason, I was down. Like I was sad. I pulled away from the hug and stared at him in suspicion.

He was astonished and just gaped at me in shock which was strange and I puffed my cheeks. Why does he look like that?

"Father. Are you ok?"

"... No, this can't be real." He reached out and touched my cheeks. "Are you really here?" He asked and I nodded.

"What's wrong?" I tilted my head at him.

He lifts his chin and his eyes roam the area as I just watched him do that in confusion. "Ah... this is probably a gift" He whispered.

"A gift?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "What's going on? Hey! Now that I think about it, where's mom?" I turned my head side to side but realized that we were in an endless field of nothing.

".... Athanasia, do you remember anything?" He asked and I started thinking.

".... uhhhh, about what?" I asked while searching through my memories. They were all just a blur to me but nothing popped into mind.

"Nevermind, I better hurry before you wake up," He said and I smiled at him.

"... Father, you finally discovered a spell that will let you visit my dreams?" I jumped up in excitement but also I don't want him in my dreams. This feels weird.

"Something like that" He grabbed my shoulders and stared directly into my eyes as I looked back into his. His face was serious and he didn't seem too happy at the moment.