Chapter 38: Recognition

The whole palace busy preparing for the grand ball, calling for every servant in all palaces including the loyal maids of Diana which frightened everyone. Although they only served Diana and were a bunch of mischievous maids, they were still technically palace maids because Diana lives in the palace and Athanasia is a royal. They were all called up to the place where the ball was going to be and they showed up fiercely with a menacing aura that made everyone's spine shivered with chills. They had a reputation within the palace where everyone thought bad of them. The servants didn't even want to work with them but it was a requirement.

"... Tsk." A maid grumbles while sweeping the ground. "I hate my broom" She complains.

"What's wrong with it?"

"It doesn't have a blade" She stops sweeping and looks at her co-worker.

"... Oh that's a pity" Her co-worker continues. "Because mine does!" She holds the broom horizontally and pulls the stick off, revealing a steel blade hidden within the wood.

"You snuck that in didn't you?" She sulks and her friend snickered. "Well at least I snuck this in" She pats her thigh through the skirt and a sound of small items could be heard hitting each other.

"Ahhhh. Let's play a game now" She whistles softly that caught everyone's attention but they ignored it except for the maids.

They all smirked with evil intentions and all eyes on the starter. The host of the game holds up 3 fingers, spread apart, as she puts on a happy expression. She opened her mouth but no voice came out but the maids already got the message.

"Let's make a mess"

***

Athanasia sits in the garden under the tree as she rests her head onto Anastasia's shoulder. She was too bored when everyone left and her mother was busy taking her daily nap. Athanasia couldn't bother her and so she went to have fun with Anastasia. Fun as in relaxing so she could calm herself.

"Why don't you try to sleep?"

"Master, I am unable to sleep," Anastasia said. "Would you like me to sing you a lullaby?"

"Can you?" Athanasia opens one eye and the clone nods. "Proceed"

Anastasia takes a deep breath as she prepares to sing a lullaby. The song that she used to hear every night right before entering the dream realm came out of Anastasia's mouth. Her angelic voice made Athanasia feel calm and peaceful as she sings with passion and softly to her ear. An angel singing and Athanasia feeling free from all her worries and concerns as she gets warmth inside her heart. She felt home again.

"..." Anastasia finishes singing and looks at Athanasia's sleeping face. "... master" She talks and there's no answer.

"You have fallen asleep" Anastasia leaned her cheek to her head while patting it. "Rest well, master"

~ Athanasia POV ~

I opened my eyes wide and stared at the branches and leaves rustling as the wind blew on them. The sky was clear and very blue, making me feel nice and relaxed. Though I was laying down on the ground with a blanket on top of me when I swore I took a nap while laying on Anastasia's shoulder. My eyes scan the area as I sit up from the grass while yawning. It's been so long since I had a good rest. My head turned side to side, searching around the empty garden. I was baffled to find out I was alone.

Where is Anastasia? Why did she leave me?

Strange, she's always by my side no matter what and protecting me. She wouldn't leave me when I'm vulnerable especially when I'm asleep. However, she is different from my other clones when living out here without going back to my storage. Could she possibly be evolving?