Side Story: The Maid and The Knight

~ 3rd POV ~ *Before*

Felix taps his foot in anxiety as he sneaks a look at the Lillian and then face forward again. He repeatedly goes back and forth between the throne and the lady of the rumors. Then he notices her leaving the crowd and going to the garden where people are prohibited. He was hesitant to leave his post and just brushed it off until another guest went through the same doorway that led to where she was.

"Erm... Your Majesty" Felix whispered. "May I be excused?" He asks and Claude shrugs at him, meaning yes.

"Thank you, Blessing and glory upon the Obelia Empire" He bows and quickly makes his way to the garden. He wanted to speak with Lily about the ruby palace's situation at first! At first! But now, he wanted to check on her. Check if the rumors were true that she seduces everyone and grasp them into her arms. It's ridiculous to think that.

All the ladies that he passed by would try to greet him and at least get his attention only to be ignored and stood up by the Knight of Crimson Blood. As soon as he reaches the door, he becomes hesitant to enter again as he thinks about his actions.

'... Why am I curious?' He thought to himself. 'If there was no baby, then there shouldn't be any suspicions' He reassures himself to think that Athanasia is either dead or nonexistent.

He quietly went through the door and scanned the area. There was nothing so far, he stepped outside and silently wandered around the garden that was strangely empty.

'Didn't two people come out here?'

SLAM

He heard a loud noise that echoed from the halls and he naturally ran to the source of the sound. Then he stops at the sight of a shocking scene that he wouldn't have thought to witness.

The Lady of the Rumors pushed the admirer against the wall with a smug face. That was Lillian York to him.

He hid behind the pillar and watched the interesting scene.

"Let me guess. You want me to kiss you... run my lips down your neck... as my hands 'danced' around your chest" She glares at him with a scornful smile. "Is that right? You would think that as soon as you followed me here"

"You're the one who winked at me and interested me to come here with you"

"Since when?" She gets off of him and pulls out her fan. "Sorry, I don't remember saying that you should come with me and the 'wink' was just dust in my eye" She exclaimed. "Besides, you're not worthy of my time," She said and walked away with her back facing him. "Run along to your group where you can cry about how you got rejected by a lady" She taunts the man that came onto her and walks away from him.

The man who was pissed, outraged by the fact he was led into a false hope that he'll hook up with a pretty lady according to the rumors. He wanted to teach her a lesson but decided to save it for later and so he got up all irritated and left her.

Lily didn't care about him nor even bother to look at him and just gazed at the stars while leaning against the ledge.

'I hope that I won't run into him again' She sighs heavily and puts her head down in disappointment. 'I shouldn't have come...'

Meanwhile, the man was babbling and cursing at Lily as he stomped back to the ball. Then when he turns around the corner, he bumps into Felix hard that he stumbles backward a bit.

"Sorry" Felix apologizes to the angry man.

The man lifts his head with a frown and a glare but soon the expression changes to fear. "Oh! Sir Felix!" He was surprised. "No... It's my fault"