Chapter 40: Despair

The whole palace was in chaos with maids scattering everywhere when Diana was in critical condition. Diana laid in her bed, out of breath and sweating bullets while Hannah tried to figure out how to cure her. Lily wipes the sweat and blood coming out as Hannah tries to get rid of the poison. No one else was allowed in the room and so Claude is forced to wait outside along with the others.

"Where's the royal physician?!" Claude yelled in frustration and despair. It was already enough that he couldn't have her but it's too much to lose her again.

"Your Majesty, he's on his way but for now. We can only rely on Hannah" Felix tries to calm him. Claude gives him a menacing look and then runs off.

*MEANWHILE*

BANG

"Ahh!"

The door kicks open and two dangerous ladies march into the room. Penelope jumps out of her chair and looks at them in fright as they glare at her. She shivers at their heartless and cold-stoned face.

"What gives you the right to barge into my territory!" She screamed at them but they continued sneering at her. "Guards?! Guards?! Where are you?!" She yelled for help but nothing.

"No point in yelling for help. You're coming with us" She grabs her wrist and slams her body down to the floor while pressing hard on her face.

"Let go of me! You have no idea who you're messing with!" She yelled. "Just wait until I tell His Majesty about this!" She squirms while the maids tie her up.

"Shut up!" She pulls her up and another maid slaps her across the face.

"Shut your mouth or I'll cut off your tongue. You'll need it" They dragged her out of the room and she kept on screaming for help.

Causing a scene, Jennette runs out of her room to see her own mother being dragged as she cries. Horrified and confused, Jennette tries to run to her mother only to be stopped by the knight.

"Sorry, Your Highness but you can't go there"

"But that's my mother! Why aren't you helping her?! Can't you see those aren't our servants?!" She yelled and tried to go but the knight was holding her and carrying her back to her room. "Let me go!"

***

Inside the room are three people while the others wait outside in distress.

"Ugh..." Diana groans and slowly shakes while waking up with a splitting headache. She opens her eyes and sees two people with her as she laid in bed still. "... Where am I?"

"My Lady!" Lily wipes her forehead with a cold wet towel. "We're in your room right now. Don't worry"

Diana felt sick in her stomach and sat up quickly while covering her mouth. Hannah got startled by her action and told her to lay back down so she can continue curing her. However, she was having trouble because she couldn't find the poison. It was strange and new to her that she had to wait for the royal physician to come.

"You all look stressed" Diana giggled even though she's in constant pain. "Cough" She spits out blood again and Lily wipes it off while giving her a glass of water.

"Here, rinse your mouth" Lily's voice shakes in agony.

Diana's face was pale and her arms were slow in movement. She didn't have the strength to lift to the glass and so Lily had to help her. Although she was dying and getting weak, Diana still stayed optimistic.

Hannah bit her lips and tried to prick her hand with a needle but Diana pulled away. "My Lady, I need to get rid of the poison!"

"... What poison?" Diana tilts her head at her and then remembers. "Oh... the tea" She smiled wistfully. She knew that the tea was poisoned from the very beginning but still drank it in the end. However it's not the poison that's killing, it's the curse.