Chapter 32: Bloom

The married couple returned early from their "vacation" after that night. Athanasia couldn't sleep, embarrassed by the kiss and the maids attacking Lucas. Although it seemed like a lovely and magnificent night, the household was surrounded in a gloomy dark aura the next morning with everyone having a long face. The maids were still disappointed by letting go of Lucas but were actually a bit eager on the inside when they saw Athanasia no longer depressed. Anastacius tightened security everywhere and even thought about confronting Lucas directly at the Black Tower. Diana didn't let him go, scolding him about trapping their daughter inside the house. However, she still had a plan in mind on how to deal with the situation.

"Let's invite Lucas!~" Diana suggests to the audience full of gloomy people that has the urge to murder him. They were all startled by her statement, baffled by such recommendation when no one approved of the wizard.

"My Duchess, are you sure you want to do that?" Lily asked strictly with her pupils dilating, shrunken, and filled with darkness. "We don't know if he's trustworthy or not"

"He's been our ally for the most 3 years and plus he already knows who we are!"

Anastacius, still infuriated by the night, only got fueled by Diana's light-heartedness. He couldn't argue with her much because she's unbeatable and her logic is strange which concerns everyone. Nevertheless, he speaks out his own opinion on Lucas.

"He also works for the royal family. What if he's a spy and exposes our secret to them?"

"Don't worry, I don't think he's going to let that happen especially when he's dat- Ah! Wait, they're not together officially but... like... erm" She becomes lost at words, unable to support her own argument. Everyone looks at her gloomily as the atmosphere gets silent and awkward.

"... Yeah no. I'm not letting that man near Athanasia at all" Anastacius announced and Diana sneered at him but he ignored her menacing glare. "From now on, everyone will be on full-guard and make sure they don't meet each other"

As soon as he finishes, Lily bit her lips and stared at him wistfully in disappointment while slowly raising her hand. Everyone noticed and all eyes were on her, she cleared her throat and spoke loudly.

"... Athanasia visits the royal palace every two days in the morning and comes back in the evening..." Lily pressed her lips together and he tilted his head in puzzlement by her statement. She sighs as she becomes glummer. "He works in the same place so they'll see each other anyway"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Silence took over the atmosphere as everyone became speechless at the obvious schedule but never thought about it. Then chills shiver down their spine as they tremble in fear by his astonished face. Diana smirked and quietly snickered under her hand as Anastacius reacted to the situation very slowly. He gripped his fist tightly with his aura in a blaze out of fury and frowned murderously.

"I'll kill him"

*TIME SKIP* - At the Palace -

Athanasia was once again invited to finish her duties with the emperor but couldn't focus properly due to that night. The 3-words repeated in her head over and over as she spaced out during work. Then the kiss replay and her face become completely flushed as she shoves her head into the documents. Embarrassed and distracted by the thought, she hasn't realized that she was in the presence of the Emperor during work.