Chapter 44: Cleave

SHOTTY SHOTTY BANG BANG BOOM BOOM

*EXPLOSION*

"Are you going to give up now?" His fingers flicker in the air with mana swirling around.

"Nah and you?" She waves her hands in the air to taunt him.

"Never" He answered under his breath and blasted another ray of fire at her while she counters it with frost.

They were both powerful wizards but he was stronger than her. However since the World Tree teamed up with Anastasia, it's basically a draw at this moment. As long as they're together, Lucas is unable to defeat them with a snap of a finger unless he can outwit her.

Anastasia, on the other hand, has been getting an infinite supply of mana from the World Tree and casting strong spells against him without thinking. Causing chaos and destruction, the world is affected by their battle.

A huge gray cloud thunderstorm forms in the sky as people get terrorized by watching. Fearing what might come to them as it continues to grow bigger and causing disasters everywhere.

Meanwhile, Athanasia is stuck in the pod and uses her magic to escape. Cutting and slashing the veins and branches only for it to regrow and cover up the damage she made. She yells out in frustration and cries to the tree for freedom. Begging it to open up and let her go or at least stop fighting.

"Please! You're all my friends!" She collapses onto her knees while banging on the wood. "Stop it!" She screamed as she heard battle noises outside. She continues to bawl in pain, crying when two important people in her life fight each other and potentially killing. She wanted peace or just at least no dead bodies. She never wanted this to happen.

PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW

Anastasia sends bullets of sphere balls at Lucas as he dodges it and hurls another magic attack at her. As always, she blocks it with one motion of her arm as it blows up outside the barrier.

"Sigh. He's so determined to save his princess" Anastasia mumbles and turns her head back to the tree. "Stall him, my friend. I'm going to do something real quick" She tells the tree and flies to the top.

She hides within the branches and twigs as the World Tree covers her back and prevents Lucas from going to her.

"Hey, give me back my princess and I'll spare you a burning death" Lucas threatens the tree but it doesn't comply.

SWOOSH

It swings at him but misses. Lucas gets annoyed and begins to muster up all his energy to fight against the tree.

"Fine. Don't expect me to give you mercy" He murmurs under his breath and lashes at the World Tree.

CLASH

~ Anastasia POV ~

My body was exhausted from the battle. Constantly getting mana and using it up against him. I can definitely say that I'm tired of it, especially when I'm technically only a few months old compared to the hundreds of years old wizard.

I land on top of the branch deep inside and hidden from his sight. I was in the center of the tree, protected by a bunch of vines and twigs. Walking down the path, it shakes and rumbles as my friend fights against the warlock. Everything vibrates and quivers while energy surges from them and light through the veins. My eyes were set on the big sack on the other side. Although I couldn't see what was inside at all because there's no hole and it's layered. I already knew what it was and who was inside.

Then a soft cry rings in my ears as I walk closer to it. My body freezes and I stop in place, listening to the sniffles of the one person that I wish to protect.