Chaper 1

Amelia

I am currently training young pups. I don't hate what I do because of my Warrior Rank. I love teaching the young children. I love teaching the young girls, they still inspire me. They remind me of when I first started training.

I live in a small sized cottage not that far from the pack house. I should live in the pack house because I am still unmated. However, I want to stay away from the horny and unmated males. I am not afraid of them, it's just to keep me safe. Just because I know how to
fight doesn't mean I enjoy being in danger.

A young pup gets their wolf at age 14 and their mate at age 16. I am 20 and still unmated, it shouldn't matter as much as it does. I am seen as a outcast in my own pack because I am unmated. People find me weird because I don't follow the social norms of the werewolf community.

I had to fight to become a warrior because I am a woman. The Moonlight Pack is made up of 200 wolves. We are a big pack, Packs usually are only 50 to 80 wolves. There are a lot of packs all around the world. Each one has an Alpha and a Luna to keep and my Alpha's name is Ryan. He is a good Alpha, I respect him.

However, I've always had trouble submitting to him. My wolf never wants to, but she does because she knows it'll be trouble. I can't afford to become a rogue. That is a crime in werewolf world, people never respect rogue wolves. I never mind, some people don't have a choice to become rogue.

That would be surprising coming from a warrior wolf. I know when to attack. I was taught to attack at the right time. To study people's movement, to know my enemy. So I know when to spot a bad rogue.

There is a Royal family in the werewolf community. The Alpha King reigns all over the packs and Alphas in the werewolf community.  The current Alpha King and Queen names are Victoria and Michael. I never really cared for the Royal family. Everyone seems to fawn of them and the Prince. 

I look around and see the young pups practicing hard. They looked tired and exhausted.

"Alright, that enough for today. Go home and relax, you have the rest of the week off." I said to everyone.

They all dropped on the ground in exhaustion, I knew they were tired but I had no idea that they were this tired.

I walked up to my favorite trainee. I know I'm not supposed to have favorites but I do and any teacher who says they don't, is lying.

The boy had dark skin and warm brown eyes. His hair was in waves. He was short, but not too short.

My favorite  trainee is Alex and he is 15, I've been training him since he was 14. Alex is raised by his dad, his mom was killed by a rogue when he was three. His dad didn't go crazy. He knew his mate would want for him to be with their pup. Alex still grieves his mom, he doesn't remember her. Maybe that's why his grief is worse, because he has no memories to smile or cry at.

He was very small when I first started training him. He was weak and he was bullied a lot. He had no confidence in himself. No matter how many times Alex fell, he alway got back up. He's funny and he makes me smile. I am very proud of him.

"Alex, aren't you sad you won't see me for the rest of the week?" I said in a playful tone.

My trainees know that they aren't here just to train but to learn about themselves. This is a safe environment, even though a lot of fighting happens. This is still a happy and welcoming place.

Alex opened his eyes. He was laying on the ground still, like some of the other trainees. He opened his eyes and looked up at me.

"Not really, I'm actually happy." Alex said with a smile on his face and a glint in his brown eyes. 

I gasp and grab my chest as if I'm hurt.

"You hurt my heart Alex, should I look for a new favorite student." I said but the last part was hushed.

Some of the other students began grabbing their bags and exiting our training room.

I grab Alex hand and start to help him up. "Take a break for the rest of the week, you worked hard today. I still expect your best next week though." I said to Alex.

"Oh I'll bring my best Ms. Amelia, and I think I'll be ready to fight you soon." Alex said. I laughed at him.

"Are we getting cocky now? Maybe I should fight you, so I can see you fall on your butt."

Alex laughed and walked to get his bag. "Bye Ms. Amelia, I'll see you next week." I waved and turned around to get my water bottle and bag.

My Mom and Dad is the stereotypical mates, they found each other at 16 and automatically fell in love. I don't understand how you could love someone that quick. My mom is very sweet, she's a teacher and works with children a lot. She's always been there for me since I was a child. 

My Dad was more strict and the disciplinary figure in the household. There is not much dialogue between us but he's always there for me.  He's more hard on my younger Brother. 

My Brother Ivan is also 15, I don't train him, he's with a different trainer. Ivan is more like my mom. My Mom is caring and bubbly, and is always smiling or finding the good in things. Ivan is the exact replica of my Mom. They both have sandy blonde hair and perfect blue eyes.

My looks is more like my Dad and I act like him too. I have dark midnight hair with green eyes, and pale skin. I am more like my Dad than anything. Maybe that's why I'm so fond of my mom. I know that no matter how strict and cold my Dad is, he's hopelessly in love with my mom. It's like my mom is the reason his heart beats. That kind of love scares me, but what also scares me is never finding it.

I exit the large training area and look out to the parking lot. I see my small black car and start walking towards it. I open the door and get into my car and look for my keys. My wolf Kat feels uneasy as if something is waiting to come.

***

This is my first werewolf story. I love werewolf stories. They're so interesting. Enjoy.🥰

1133 words

Edited 3/5/24