Chapter 73

Holding her in the dark, Sirius did not realizing how much time had passed.

"We need to move her body, Sirius." Remus sighed, "We need to bring her back to Emmeline."

"She saved me. This shouldn't of happened. She's my girl." Sirius began to sob into her.

Thats when Remus noticed the rise and fall of her chest.

"Sirius...." He breathed

Her eyes shot open, and she gasped

"what the hell" she groaned, "I thought I was hit." With that, a small puff ball fell out of her hoodie.

"No, no no no. Pax. NO!" She held the lifeless puffball in her hand. "No. I swear I left him in my dorm... I don't know how he got here" she sobbed. Sirius grabbed her, and held her. He didn't know if he was dreaming or not. Or this was the shock, playing mind games. He grabbed her face. "Maeve!?"

"What?" Her eyes went wide. "Why are you shouting?!"

Him and Remus just started to laugh, Sirius pulled her into his chest and kissed her head over and over again. "I thought I lost you." He whispered into her hair.

"Dad, I'm fine." Both their eyes went wide, Remus just laughed, "That was weird, I just called you dad." Sirius just laughed, holding her tighter.

"Lets go home, Mae." They helped her up, and apparated back home. The three landed in the kitchen, when they got there everyone looked like they were seeing a ghost. Fred and Emmeline were standing facing each other, Emmeline's hold on his arms. Maeve didn't notice, she was just standing there looking down at the dead puff in her hand. Remus and Sirius had tears stained faces, but huge smiles on their faces.

"You died!" Ron finally broke the silence. She looked up and saw all their faces, all soaked with tears. "I watched you die!"

"Pax took the spell for me." She said, lifting her hand up with the dead puff.

That's when her mom fainted into Molly, Fred fell into a seat and and George started to laugh. Not because it was funny, but because he was just in complete utter shock. Fred thought he lost her. He couldn't move, he felt like he was dreaming.

"Hey Fred." She smiled

"Hey Maeve." He laughed, and then he finally shot up as fast as he could, practically jumping over the table. Grabbing Maeve into his hold, spinning her around laughing.

"I thought I lost you." He said into her neck, he began to cry.

"Can't get rid of me yet." She laughed.

"Marry me?" He pulled away from her, looking at her face.

"What?" She laughed

"Marry me. We can wait to have a wedding after all this is over or I can marry you tomorrow. I don't care, but marry me. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, only you."

She blinked a bit, giggling a bit.

"Okay."

"What." He choked. 

"Yes. I want to marry you. In a day or a year. I want to marry you." She laughed

"Merlin, I love you so much." He pulled her into a tight hug.

"I love you, Freddie." She said into his chest, as he kissed the top of her head.

The Order all sat in the kitchen after everyone calmed down and got back safe, staring at Maeve, Emmeline was pissed. It finally all set in that Maeve sacrificed herself and almost died tonight.

"I don't understand you, Maeve!" She yelled

"I saved Sirius why are you all so mad at me?!"

"Because you almost died!" Sirius snapped

"But I didn't! I am alive." She rolled her eyes

"By pure luck!" Sirius said, more frustrated.

"You are sometimes so selfish when you're being selfless!" Her mom spat, "you don't understand how we felt when we thought you died." Maeve was silent, "You always say, you'll do anything for any of us! BUT HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT HOW WE WOULD FEEL IF YOU ACTUALLY DIED!" Maeve looked down at her hands

"Maeve, I am so thankful that you saved me, I really am but I don't know how I would of lived knowing you died saving me." Sirius got up and sat next to her.

"Im sorry." She looked up, "The centaurs told me, well they didn't tell me. I kind of read their minds on accident" George chuckled, Maeve looked over at him with a smirk, "They said the stars told them an innocent man would die by the hands of his on blood. And when I saw Bellatrix, I realized they meant you, Sirius. By the time I read their minds, they said the stars already changed so it was going to happen anyways. I mean, they did kind of warn me that another life will be taken tonight, so I kind already accepted that I might of died tonight" she looked at Fred, who took a deep breathe, closing his eyes, "I'm sorry." She sighed

"You're just like your grandfather." Her mom sighed, and then to everyone surprise she started to laugh. "Only you would read a centaurs mind and change the future." Everyone began to laugh.

Then Emmeline looked at Sirius and Remus who were talking to Maeve about something.

"Maeve, how did you find the Centaurs." Emmeline asked

"I went to the forest..."

"Yeah, wait how did you get to the forest, you weren't with us. How would of you known where to find us?" Ron butt in.

"Yeah she was." Hermione laughed. Hermione saw an otter running after her and Harry with Umbridge.

"You guys didn't see me.... I was disguised." Maeve cringed.

"Ohhhh." Ron said with a laugh

That's when it clicked.

"Who's Whiskers?" Emmeline asked. Maeve froze.

"Don't know what you're talking about" Sirius said looking away.

"Wait that's the nickname you gave her, that's what I call her!" Fred laughed

"HER? Did you become an animagus?! The letters written to the two of them, signed by Whiskers? THAT'S YOU!?"

"I don't know what your talking about mom..." Mae, Remus and Sirius were all looking in different directions.

"MAEVE ESTHER FIDO SCAMANDER!"

"Esther Fido!" George snorted

"Shut it." Maeve snapped at him

"Answer me!" Her mom said, but instead of answering she just transformed into her otter body. The twins giggled at the otter now sitting at the dinner table. Even Arthur had to hide his smile.

"YOU TWO KNEW!" She pointed at Remus and Sirius. Then Maeve transformed back into her body.

"At least she isn't yelling at me anymore." She chuckled, the twins started to laugh until Molly hit the back of their heads. "Mom, relax. I am safe. I am alive. Can you just be okay with that?"

"Can I be okay with that?" She began to cry as she walked over to Maeve, kneeling down in front of Maeve's seat, "That's all I want, Maeve. I can't lose you." She grabbed Maeve's face, turning it to face everyone in the room. "None of us can lose you."

_____

HAHA, you guys thought. :)