Chapter 93

Weeks had passed since the wedding and also since the trio left. Maeve had been trying to find any signs to figure out where they were going or where they went. She had just missed them one night when she went to Grimmaulds Place, but was instead was welcomed by a group of Death Eaters.

As Maeve closed the door behind her, the old-fashioned gas lamps sprang into life, casting flickering light along the length of the hallway

As Maeve closed the door behind her, the old-fashioned gas lamps sprang into life, casting flickering light along the length of the hallway. It looked just as she remembered it: eerie, cobwebbed, the outlines of the house-elf heads on the wall throwing odd shadows up the staircase. Long dark curtains concealed the portrait of Sirius's mother. The only thing that was out of place was the troll's leg umbrella stand, which was lying on its side as if Tonks had just knocked it over again and in the hallway leading up to the stairs to the kitchen, she noticed Sirius had put up new photos of her and her mom on the wall. She was looking at the photos when something shifted in the shadows at the end of the hall, and before she could say another word, a figure had turned the corner with a few more behind him.

"STUPIFY!"

"SECTUMSEMPRA!"

"Shit.." She mumbled to herself, as she ran through the house. Her arm was scattered in deep gashes and she couldn't get them to stop. She hid herself in a broom closet till she new they were gone, and apparated back to the flat with all the power she had left in her. She landed in the middle of the living room, bleeding profusely.

"FRED!" George yelled through the flat when he watched her body land, "Maeve look up at me, what happened?" He pulled her into his lap.

"I went to find them, but they're death eaters at the house." She cried. Fred ran out and saw her arm, and sent his patronus to his parents, her parents and Remus. Not a second later they arrived. Remus quickly knelt over Maeve, drew his wand and traced it over the deep wounds the curse had made, muttering an incantation that sounded almost like song. The flow of blood seemed to ease and the wounds began to close.

"Vulnera Sanentur, Vulnera Sanentur, Vulnera Sanentur" he repeated, he looked up and caught sight of Maeve's wide eyes as she watched him completely heal her, "Snape really liked that spell during his time as a student, so I learned the counter spell pretty fast" he laughed, helping her up.

It was hard on everyone, especially Maeve to know that Harry and his friends were being hunted like animals. When September 1st was coming up, it came with worst news. Ginny wrote to Maeve the night before she had to leave for school, to come over to the burrow. When Maeve got there she found a shaking Ginny, that's when she found Snape was the new Headmaster and Death Eaters were running Hogwarts.

"I will see you at Christmas." Maeve hugged Ginny at the train station, "We can write, but make sure you don't talk about Harry or Ron in the letters. or anything about the order" She whispered into her ear.

"I know." She sighed, "Can't you just come and work at Hogwarts. I thought Sprout and Dumbledore offered you a job." She groaned

"They did.. but Snape told me he doesn't want me to work there." She shrugged, "You'll be okay." She smiled at her. The Weasleys and Maeve watched Ginny board the train, with heavy chest. Maeve turned around to face the red headed family, with a smile which fell really fast when she saw the prophet someone was reading behind them.

"Mae?" Fred called for her, but she just walked past them to the person with the newspaper.

"Can I see that real fast?" She asked the man, he handed her the news paper.

"The Ministry of Magic is undertaking a survey of so-called "Muggle-borns," the better to understand how they came to possess magical secrets. Recent research undertaken by the Department of Mysteries reveals that magic can only be passed from person to person when Wizards reproduce. Where no proven Wizarding ancestry exists, therefore, the so-called Muggle-born is likely to have obtained magical power by theft or force. The Ministry is determined to root out such usurpers of magical power, and to this end has issued an invitation to every so-called Muggle-born to present themselves for interview by the newly appointed Muggle-born Registration Commission"

 The Ministry is determined to root out such usurpers of magical power, and to this end has issued an invitation to every so-called Muggle-born to present themselves for interview by the newly appointed Muggle-born Registration Commission"

She turned around showed the Weasleys.

"Well we don't have to worry about this, we aren't muggle borns." Molly tried to calm the girl.

"Julia is, though." She whispered to Molly.

"Yes, and her and her family went into hiding last month, dear." She grabbed her face, "she is okay." She smiled, "Let's go home and have some lunch, yeah?"

"Both Hermione and Julia's names are in the prophet

"Both Hermione and Julia's names are in the prophet." Maeve said, looking up from the news paper, as they had lunch.

"What?" Molly gasped, dropping her fork on her plate that clattered and caused the kitchen to go silent.

"They are wanted for interrogation." She told them.

"They think Muggle Borns, stole their magic." Arthur told them, "I heard Yaxley in the elevator the other day complaining, I didn't think they would actually interrogate the people."

"I think I'm going head back home, I'm actually really tired." Maeve stood up, "Thank you for lunch, Molly." She smiled and disapparated.

"She didn't sleep last night." Fred sighed, "I should probably go check on her." He smiled, getting up and placing a kiss on his mother's head.

"I'll come too, I gotta look at inventory anyways at the store. Bye mum." Then the two left, when they arrived the flat was silent. Fred walked to their room and found Maeve asleep in bed. She finally looked peaceful, her hair was sprawled out on the pillows and her legs spread out. He knew she was in a deep sleep when he noticed her drool, which caused him to smile. He went over and placed a kiss on her cheek, tucking her in and leaving her in the room.

"Wait." She breathed out, "stay." She begged. He walked over, and got into bed with her, pulling her into him.

"She is going to be okay." He kissed her head, "i think you should just sleep. I need to go down to the shop to help George." He kissed her head again, "But, i'll come back up later."

After Fred reassured her enough with some tender kisses and plenty of words of comfort He returned downstairs to the shop as Maeve took a deep breath and fell back asleep.

___

quick filler. Also, i'm sorry for the next chapter...