Chapter 82

July 1st, 1997

Fred was wide awake, staring at his ceiling. He hasn't really slept in days actually months, he almost looked unrecognizable. Molly finally sat him down a few days ago and shaved off his beard and cut and washed his hair, her heart broke every time she went to visit the boys because he was so broken. Everyone was, because at the end of the day it wasn't just Maeve missing, Charlie was too. The moonlight was lighting his room up, which was destroyed. He had thrown everything about, in a moment of rage the other night after finding Maeve's yellow scarf. She had left it on Christmas. The scarf was wrapped around him. Tears stung his face, and his heart was heavy. He was in so much denial and pain. Across the apartment, George too was left wide awake. He had been trying to stay strong in front of Fred, but when he was alone he finally let it hit him. Everything was becoming so real, Dumbledore was dead, Maeve and Charlie were missing somewhere in the world and he was losing Fred. Right in front of his eyes. George started to hear things, he thought his mind was playing tricks on him. He swore he was hearing a dog whimpering or someone crying down on the street, so he got up and went to the living room to look out on the main road, but once he opened his bedroom door he heard small pats on the front door. When he looked through the peephole he didn't see anything, but once he opened the door there she was on the floor.

"George.." She sobbed, "i came here, Charlie brought me back to the burrow but I.." She hiccuped, "i apparated here right away. I nneeeddedd to see you guys. I ne.nn.needed to se..e.ee Fred." She cried as she laid on the floor in the hallway in a fetal position. George was in shock at what he was seeing. "we have been hiding. I got all the letters. But they would of found us if I wrote back George...." She sobbed, George fell to floor pulling her into his arms.

"Im so sorry George.." She cried, "i said 6 months, I did it. I came home. Like I said."

"I know. I know.. shhh." He held her head. "FRED!"

Fred was finally falling asleep when he was startled awake by George screaming his name. He ran out thinking it was a death eater or something. So with his wand up, he came rushing out of his room only to see the love of his life, sobbing on the floor in his brothers arms. He ran to her, pulling her into him. She was so small, he could feel all her bones, she had new injuries on her face.

"Are you real?" He whimpered.

"Freddie." She cried, with one sniff, she was home. Cinnamon welcomed her home.

"You're back." He cried, he looked at his brother both in complete shock, tears staining both of their faces as they held the girl in the doorway.

"Dumbledore is dead." She cried, "Ron was poisoned, Harry kissed Ginny and Julia finally told Melvin how she felt about him." She sobbed, "I read every letter, I really wanted to write back I promise. I just wasn't safe."

"Shh. It's okay, Mae. You're home. You're home" Fred calmed her, "we need to go to headquarters." he told George.

Emmeline and Sirius were woken up by the sound of crack downstairs. The two sprinted downstairs to see the twins standing in the kitchen with Maeve leaned up against Fred, holding on for dear life. Then Molly and Arthur showed up with Charlie. They saw that Fred, George and Maeve's hands on the clock were pointing at Grimmauld Place. Both Charlie and Maeve were skinnier and pale. They had bruises all over their bodies and scars scattered their skin. Their eyes were dark and bloodshot. Maeve noticed that Charlie was in the room and she sprinted to him, both engulfing each other in a hug. The two now shared a connection no one would ever understand, they saw things they wish they never did and they experienced pain like no one could imagine. The two were on the run, all over the world, just trying to find more good people to join the cause. But they never gave up, after one battle, they knew there would be a victory somewhere.