A Study In Pink- Ten

Chapter Ten

"That was ridiculous. That was the most ridiculous thing I've done."

"And you invaded Afghanistan."

"Yeah, it wasn't just me. Little miss bomb squad over here was literally explosive. Why aren't we back at the restaurant?" John asked. "We're just passing time, proving a point."

"What point?"

"You." Sherlock and I said at the same time. "Aunt Martha, John will take the vacancy upstairs."

"Says who?" He asked, unsurely. Not a moment later the doorbell rang. "Says the man at the door." Whilst John attended to the door, I took the chance to really look at Sherlock. "You deserve a lot in life, you know." I said. He looked at me, questionably. "How so?" For some reason, his baritone voice filled me. Completely. "You solve crimes because you love it, be vigilant that there's people there for you. Who care." He looked away for a moment, but I could see him smiling to himself.

"Oh, Sherlock, what have you done??" The moment was broken when Aunt Martha came through her flat door, Worried. "Upstairs." She pointed.

Racing up the stairs, Sherlock bursts into the room. Lestrade vacated a seat whilst the room was full to the brim of officers in crime gear. "What are you doing??"

"Well I knew you'd find the case, I'm not stupid."

"You can't just break into my flat!"

"You can't withhold evidence and I didn't break into the flat."

"It's a drugs bust. Brilliant." Spinning around the room I landed on the sofa. "Pretty sure, you could search this flat all day, you wouldn't find anything you could recreational."

"John now isn't a good time." I answered, sharply. "No!"

"What?"

"You?" Sherlock seemed a little affronted. "Shut up! I'm not your sniffer dog."

"No, but Anderson is."

"Of course he's here!" I exclaimed. "I volunteered." Lifting my head up, I snapped. "What! Did you get bored of Donovan already? That you've all chosen to bully the one guy who actually solves your crimes??" Everyone paused for a moment and Sherlock seemed winded. "Are these human eyes?"

"Put them back."

"Keep looking, guys. Or you could start helping me properly, and I'll stand them down."

"Or you could actually do your job and figure it out yourself!"

"Michelle, don't start or I will arrest you for attempted assault on a Sergeant." I stood up. "Oh look at me, I'm fucking shaking in my leather boots." It dripped from me sarcastically. "Michelle! your not helping!" John said, irritated. "Oh you don't say? I thought I was making it theatrical." Posing to add sarcasm. John shook his head, smiling to himself. "This is childish!" Sherlock exclaimed. "I'm dealing with a child... Well two now. Sherlock, this is our case..."

"Use your head then." I murmured. "I'm letting you in, but you don't go off on your own clear?" Donovan went to speak. "Donovan, I swear to anything that's accessorised as holy, if I hear your voice again I will fracture your jaw." She inwardly gulped before hiding away in the kitchen. "I'm clean! I don't even smoke!" Sherlock pulled up his sleeve, showing his patches. Mirroring Lestrade. "Neither do I! So let's work together. We've found Rachel." I tuned out conversation, already seeing red I moved over to the desk, only tuning into snippets now and then.

"I'm not a psychopath, Anderson I'm a high-functioning sociopath, Do your research! You need to bring Rachel in, you need to question her. We need to question her." He shared a knowing glance at me without recognition. "She's dead."