The Six Thatchers- Sixteen

If you can't access the video linked above it's called: 'What I did for love' by David Guetta. Once again, I think this song matches this scene perfectly.

Without further ado, let the curtain arise.
——————————————————————

Chapter Sixteen

She fires...

In slow motion, Mary, who I had no doubt anticipated that this was going to be her final move, begins to hurl herself across Sherlock, who stands their unmoving...

I'm swift to move in front of the pair resulting to be targeted by the on going bullet...

Returning to full motion, blood begins to spray outwards from under my rib cage...

Everyone cries in surprise...

Some would say that once a bullet impacts you, you are to take a fall. But I'm not like other people.

I mute the screams and focus...

Turning my head slightly, I look to the tank behind me. Okay, so the bullet is still in me. That's good, I guess. 50/50 chance of survival. I'm in limbo. Or is it purgatory? Focusing on my senses, I begin to find control through my adrenaline because after all, once adrenaline dissipates I'm going to be in pain. I'm going to go into shock. That's the next best thing that could kill me.

I don't intend to die...

I intend to live...

Coming back to my surroundings, I hear multiple people breathe shallowly or heavily. "I deduce... Your next words... Were to say 'surprise'." I grimace. "Michelle?!" Someone screams. Vivian's eyes widen with discretion. "There's a fifty fifty... Chance of myself living..." I speak slowly trying to control the pain. "So, for the sake of everything... Let's say I'm..." I mewl in growing pain. "A dead woman walking."

Vivian begins to aim her gun at me again. Mary, Lestrade and others; I can't tell it's a blur, are quick to intervene. "But you!" I laugh in between cries. "You're a dead woman..." I heave in heavily. Control! Control! Control! I blink a few times. Pulling my gun out, I shakily aim it at her. "You're a woman... Who is simply... Dead." I grit out. Firing my gun, she slips backwards. Screaming from impact.

The gun slips out of my hands and I begin to shake. "Michelle?!" I turn to Mary and smile whilst crying. "That was the last..." I could feel my body slipping into shock. "Of it all. Mary, you're free."

"Oh, you silly girl." She cries. "It's supposed to be me their not you." She sobs. "Before... I go into shock..." I cry out again, Lestrade catches the drift of words and runs out the room. Presumably, to the ambulance on standby. "I need to be on that operation table within ten minutes or I'm definitely going to die." I spoke rapidly.

I grip onto my stomach, bellow the wound. I look down. "I expected... This to happen... But it still comes as... A shock." I sob and breathe. I feel myself beginning to lose balance. Multiple pairs of hands grab me. Slowly and gently lowering me to the floor. "Sherlock, I'm bleeding." I cry out.

Brushing lose hair away, he and John hold onto my wound. "Sherlock, you're scarf." John orders. "I'm bleeding." I cry again. "Well of course you are. You've just been shot." John determines. I laugh slightly before wincing. "She doesn't mean that." Sherlock answers, finally understanding. "As ever, Watson. You see but you do not observe." I clench out.

Paramedics run through, placing me on a stretcher. "You may want to get started she's in shock and you may have to restart her heart." Sherlock orders harshly. I could hear numerous cries. "I'm a doctor and we are her family. We will be coming with her." I close my eyes listening to everyone's conversation, feeling my body writhe in pain. "No! No, no. Don't you dare close your eyes on me, Darling?!" I hazily flutter them again seeing Sherlock. "I'm... I'm sorry." I whisper.