The Final Problem- Seven

Chapter Seven

Third POV

Sherlock reached the far end of the corridor and stops between two guards. The sound of music being played on a violin was coming tinnily from a short distance away. The tune is that of the song that Eurus used to sing to him. Whether he recognises this or not is unclear but he maintains his false character. "Eyes on Eurus Holmes." He unslings his rifle from his shoulder and hands it to one of the guards. "Governor's orders."

Back in the holding cell Mycroft has now put on his suit jacket and has walked closer to the governor. "Answer yes or no. Has there ever been, against my express instructions any attempt at a psychiatric evaluation of Eurus Holmes?"

"Yes." The governor responded, not a sync out a beat. "I presume the tapes are in my office?" Mycroft begins to walk towards the open door. "Your office?"

"Cast your mind back. It used to be yours." He leaves with John obediently following...

At the Special Unit Sherlock steps onto a marked area on the floor a few feet in front of a door. The white lighting above his head begins to oscillate back and forth, so presumably he is being scanned.

The violin music continues faintly from where a man is sitting at a nearby set of computer screens but it no longer sounds like Eurus's song. Another guard stands beside the door. "You 'aven't been down 'ere before, 'ave you? 'Silence of the Lambs,' basically."

"You what?" Sherlock addressed, still with his false accent. "Keep your distance; Stay at least three feet away from the glass an' all that."

The lights above Sherlock's head turn green and then back to white. He looks across to the man at the screens. He has headphones in his ears. Sherlock jerks his head toward him: "Why the headphones?"

"She doesn't stop playin', sometimes for weeks." Over the seated man's shoulder, a CCTV footage showed several angles of Eurus. She has long, slightly curly dark hair and is wearing loose white slacks and a loose long-sleeved white top, and she is standing in the middle of a large room which has a white illuminated floor. She is facing a bed and is playing a violin.

"Beautiful." Sherlock refers to the music. "Kills you in the end."

"Aye. Still beautiful, though."  The door in front of him slides open to reveal a small lift inside. He walks in.

- - Door closing. - -

The door closes behind him and Sherlock instantly straightens up from his slouch. He takes off his jacket and drops it to the floor.

Downstairs a little later, the lift door slide open. Sherlock has now removed the rest of the guard's clothing and the hat and is in his normal suit with his hair fluffed into its usual style. Several feet in front of the lift is a wide wall made up of three floor to ceiling glass panels. On each of the panels, about three feet from the floor, a notice has been stencilled onto the glass reading in white letters:

"MAINTAIN DISTANCE OF THREE FEET".

On the other side of the glass is a large semi circular room lined with bare grey panels. Soft white lighting comes from the tops of the panels and a large circular panel of lights in the middle of the ceiling sends green light down into the room. Running down the middle of the room, about eight feet wide, is a rectangular strip of white flooring and the rest of the floor is grey, matching the walls. There is a bed at the far end of the room and to the left near the end is a seat and table fastened to the wall. There is no other furniture.

In the middle of the room Eurus stands with her back to the door, playing a Bach-like piece on her violin.

Sherlock steps forward and the lift doors closes behind him. The overhead lighting turns from green to white.