The Sign Of Three- Two

Chapter Two

Sherlock was dancing in the middle of the living room, with his component of the violin playing via iPod. I stood there for a moment gazing to Sherlock whilst he danced. Finding my moment, I slipped into his arms smoothly whilst he was spinning around. I took his hand, whilst he placed his other on my waist. He snapped out of his mind palace instantly, but his eyes softened. "Oh, good morning." I chuckled. "It indeed is." We continued dancing, Sherlock span me out before drawing me back to him. "I didn't know you could dance."

"Sherlock, what good would I be if you knew everything about me? It's good to keep the mystery."

"Ah, of course you are, after all, a woman of mystery... And I plan to figure out every one." I smile, whilst my heart melts. Sherlock's camel coloured dressing gown danced around elegantly.

"Shut up, Mrs Hudson."

"I haven't said a word." We continue to waltz but Sherlock sighs. "You're formulating a question. It's physically painful watching you thinking." Bringing the dance to an end he hit pause on the iPod. "I thought it was you playing."

"It was me playing." He gestures. "I am composing."

"You were dancing."

"I was road testing."

"You what?"

"Why are you here?" I slap his chest and give him a stern eye. "I'm bringing you both your morning tea. You're not usually awake." She pours the tea. "You bring me tea in the morning?"

"Well, where d'you think it came from?! Thank you Mar-Mar." I responded, holding my cup and saucer. "I don't know. I just thought it sort of happened."

"Your mother has a lot to answer for." She hands the tea to him. "Mm, I know. I have a list. Mycroft has a file." Giggling, Mar-Mar sits down in John's chair. "So, it's the big day, then!"

"What big day?"

"The wedding! John and Mary getting married!"

"Two people who currently live together are about to attend church, have a party, go on a short holiday and then carry on living together. What's big about that? Michelle and I do that already." He gestures whilst sipping his tea. "It changes people, marriage."

"Mmm, no it doesn't."

"Well, you wouldn't understand, I doubt you do either." She points to me. I stop momentarily. "Your husband was executed for double murder. You're hardly an advert for companionship."

"Marriage changes you as a person, in ways that you can't imagine."

"As does lethal injection." I giggle. He smiles. "My best friend, Margaret, she was my chief bridesmaid."

"Oh no! Not this again!" I flabbergasted. Sherlock rolls his eyes. "We were going to be best friends forever, we always said that; But I hardly saw her after that."

"Aren't there usually biscuits?"

"I've run out."

"Have the shops?" He purposely walks to the door. "She cried the whole day, saying, 'Ooh, it's the end of an era'."

"I'm sure the shop on the corner is open." He points to the stairs. "She was probably right, really." I curl into a ball on the chair whilst Sherlock grimaces. "I remember she left early. I mean, who leaves a wedding early? So sad."

"Mmm. Anyway, you've got things to do."

"No, not really. I've got plenty of time to..."

"Biscuits!" Mar-Mar gets out the chair, tutting. "I really am going to have a word with your mother or better yet, get Michelle to talk to her."

"You both can if you like. She understands very little." He closes the door on her, then turns around sighing. He turns his head and looks towards John's chair for a few long moments. "Nothings going to change Sherlock. Look at us." I gesture between us. "We're together and we're going strong. You and John will still have that 'overpowering sexual tension' that your so cravingly miss." His upper lip twitches amusingly then he walks over to me. "Overpowering sexual tension?"

"Oh yes, Mary's noticed too." I laugh to myself. He smiles looking almost thoughtfully before turning away to the bedroom. Placing my cup and saucer down, I follow. "Right, then." He walks to his wardrobe, where the suit is hanging. "Into battle?"

"Into battle." Sherlock confirms.