His Last Vow- Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Christmas Day

Ever since the 'discussion', as I politely state it, things changed. Mary and John still shared a home but there was no joy, no happiness, no anything between them. I helped Mary out as much as I could, considering she was growing along during her pregnancy. Mary and I had an on going bond, that only seemed to get stronger overtime.

Sherlock and I, we started of slow but we worked things out. After being at the hospital for over a month, he did everything and anything to beg for forgiveness. He knew it was a dick move to say that I cheated just like how he knew it was a dick move to think I'd be safer if I wasn't by his side.

That night of his release from the hospital, I went home. Not 221B, my own home. It wasn't even three hours later, when I was curled up in bed, with Bones by my bedpost, that someone lock-picked my door and crawled into bed, spooning me. Apparently he can't live without me. Not like I blame him because honey, let's face it... I am fabulous! 

Climbing out the car, Sherlock walks around to my side and opens the door for me. "What did I do to deserve a gentleman?" I humour him. He smiles mischievously. "Gentleman? That's not what you were calling me last night." I slap his chest playfully whilst a dusty pink wind somehow settles on my cheeks. "Oh how I love it, when you blush..." He rumbles, leaning me against the closed car door. "Sherlock, now really isn't the time." Giving me a chaste kiss, he grumbles: "Woof woof." Oh! Bloody hell!

"Oh Michelle, sweetheart, how are you?" Mrs Holmes walks out the red walled cottage, with arms opened wide. Straightening my dress out, I walk towards her. "Hello, Violet." Siger stands by side of his wife. "Aye up, kiddo." He pats my shoulder. "Do come in, Mycroft, John and the others are here." Violet hustles us through.

"Hi John." I wave. He smiles cheerfully, giving me a hug. Walking to the living room, seeing Mary sat down, flicking through a book. "Hey baby momma." I wave. Doing a double take, she slowly stands up. "Hiya, you look gorgeous." I look down timidly. "Really, this old thing..." She giggles before holding onto her stomach. "How are you?" I question. "I'm still dawdling around... It's difficult, some days if not most, he acts as if I'm not there."

"Well it's Christmas, maybe the festivity will push things along." I try to stay positive. Helping her sit back down I walk towards the kitchen. "Oh, dear God, it's only two o'clock. It's been Christmas Day for at least a week now."

"Hello, to you too." I state over cheerfully. Lifting his head from his hands, he looks to me. "Hello, you look... Adequate." I laugh. "Was that difficult?"

"Very." Patting his shoulder, I begin to help Violet prep dinner. "I really must say, you look beautiful." She mumbles. I look down, once again, smiling timidly. "Don't be embarrassed, Siger doesn't Michelle look pretty?" I bite my cheek, trying to suppress my smile furthermore. "Yes, she does." He places a kiss on my cheek before doing himself a brew. "How can it only be two o'clock? I'm in agony." Mycroft drawls on.

I notice a newspaper, with a strapline of: 'Lord Smallwood suicide'. I exhale unappreciatively. "Mikey, is this your laptop?" Standing at the end of the table, she points down to a silver-grey laptop on the table, half-obscured by a chopping board on top of it which has several whole peeled potatoes and the peelings on it. "On which depends the security of the free world, yes..." He smiles rather sarcastically up at her. "And you've got potatoes on it." Sherlock glances over towards them. "Well, you shouldn't leave it lying around if it's so important." She reaches to pick up the basket of crackers but puts it down again when Mycroft speaks while gesturing around the kitchen: "Why are we doing this? We never do this."

"We are here because Sherlock is home from hospital and we are all very happy." Mycroft looks up at her with an extremely insincere smile. "Am I happy too? I haven't checked." I couldn't help but let escape a low chuckle. I try to cover it up the best I can. "Behave, Mike."

"'Mycroft' is the name you gave me, if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end." Grabbing the end of a tea towel, I whip it against his shoulder. "Don't be so cheeky to your mother, you've only got one." I scold. "Thank you, dear." Violet then looks to me thoughtfully. "You like the daughter I've always wanted... Sherlock do hurry up and marry her." She scolds. I look to her startled, Mycroft begins to cough uncontrollably.

Billy walks into the kitchen. "Mrs Holmes?" She looks round and takes the glass from him. "Oh! Thank you, dear. Not absolutely sure why you're here." As she drinks from the glass, Sherlock peers to her. I raise my brow. "I invited him." Sherlock answered. "I'm his protégé, Mrs Holmes. When he dies, I get all his stuff, and his job."

"No."

"Oh. Well, I help out a bit."

"Closer." Mycroft and Violet look up at Bill. "If he does get murdered or something..." Others around us start to look appalled. "Probably stop talking now, Billy." I muttered. "Okay."

"Lovely when you bring your friends round."

"Stop it, you. Somebody's put a bullet in my boy... And if I ever find out who, I shall turn absolutely monstrous. Ah. This was for Mary." I smile lightly as she walks away. "I'll be back in a minute." Sherlock un-clicks his pocket watch, looking intensely to it, before clicking it back and pocketing it. "Everything alright? Or are you being just as dramatic as Mycroft is today?" He hums in agreement, placing his hands under his chin. Rolling my eyes, I press a kiss to his head lovingly. "Gross." Mycroft mutters. "Oh that's a new one, guess it's another thing to tell Anthea." I state thoughtfully. Mycroft was not amused.

Siger walks through just as Sherlock got up to collect his coat. "Those two. They all right?" He gestures to John and Mary. "Well, you know they've had their ups and downs." Flicking his collar up, he holds a hand out to me. "Coming, darling?" Smiling, I happily walk towards him as we walk out the house.