Chapter 18

"Mu Xi, if you give someone a birthday present, what would you normally give?" Shen Yu held the teacup and asked the maid who was tying his hair.

"Is your son going to give a gift to His Majesty?" Mu Xi thought for a while, and it seemed that recently, only His Majesty could make Shen Yu ask this question.

"That's right." Shen Yu didn't deny it.

"But... isn't the gift list already listed for the son to give?"

After Mu Xi mentioned it, Shen Yu remembered that he did let Mu Xi deal with the birthday ceremony, "Bring the gift list for me to have a look."

"Yes."

After Mu Xi was done, he went to pick up the gift list in person, "Young Master, this is the gift list that was initially set."

Shen Yu took the gift list and read it from beginning to end, but couldn't find anything wrong, but he wanted to give something else besides what was on the gift list.

Knuckles knocked on the table regularly, Shen Yu passed through his memory one by one, and tentatively ordered a few items.

Specifically, he still needs to think about it.

The next morning, Shen Yu felt the warmth beside him, and opened his eyes in confusion.

"His Majesty?"

Shang Junlin held a book and half leaned on the bedside to look through it.

"woke up?"

A low voice came from above his head, and Shen Yu rubbed his ears: "Will your majesty not go to court today?"

Usually when he woke up, Shang Junlin had already gone to court. If it wasn't for the bright sky outside, Shen Yu almost thought it was still very early.

"Have a day off today," Shang Junlin put down the book in his hand, "Didn't you say you're going to the Marquis of Zhenbei?"

Shen Yu's chaotic brain gradually became sober, and he sat up hugging the quilt: "I almost forgot if Your Majesty didn't say it."

It can be seen that he didn't take the matter of going to Zhenbei Hou's mansion at all.

"..." Shang Junlin was speechless, "I told you last night."

Shen Yu recalled what happened last night, as if Shang Junlin had mentioned it, but he was thinking about another thing recently and subconsciously ignored it.

Seeing that Shen Yu was sober, Shang Junlin called for someone to come in and serve. After the two washed up, they changed into clothes that were convenient for travel.

Shang Junlin didn't wear clothes that represented his status as an emperor, but chose a black uniform that could not tell his identity, while Shen Yu wore light-colored clothes with a snow-white fox fur.

"Is Your Majesty going to hide his identity and leave the palace?" Shen Yu looked at the man dressed as an ordinary person, his eyes lit up.

Shang Junlin has an impeccable face, sword brows and star eyes, sharp facial features, and no imperfections in every part. After fading away the Chinese clothes that represent the emperor's identity, he looks even more young and handsome.

A large part of the reason why Shen Yu can accept to live in the harem and cooperate with Shang Junlin is because of Shang Junlin's face, the more he looks at it, the more he feels that this face conforms to his own aesthetic.

"Well." Shang Junlin explained, "It's not convenient for me to leave the palace with a big fanfare right now."

Shen Yu could understand that although the case of Zhang Yushi was closed, there were still many doubts behind the scenes. In fact, there was no need for Shang Junlin to accompany him to Zhenbei Houfu at this time.