Chapter 2 - Waking up as Daichi Hekima

Thomas POV.

"This is... This can't be real. I have to be dreaming or something."

As I looked at the Hokage mountain and then to the rest of the leaf village, I could hear my breathing quicken. My heart started pounding in my chest. My hands trembling from the realization that I had somehow been reborn into a fictional world. A world filled with dangers as well as opportunities.

"What the hell? Why, how, who?"

Taking a deep breath, I tried to calm myself. "Ok. Calm down, Thomas. No need to panic."

And then I remembered all the threats that would plague the world. Orochimaru, Akatsuki, Madara, Zetsu, Kaguya and beyond.

"Ok. Small reason to panic."

As I was standing there near the window freaking out, a calmness suddenly washed over me. I felt as if everything would be alright.

"Wow. What was that?."

I brought my hand to my chest and felt my beating heart. The heart that was rapidly beating earlier, was now in a calm state.

"OK man, pull yourself together. Think this through. What's the last thing you remember?" I asked myself.

I went through my memories searching for answers. "I remember now. Old man Mark. Hospital. My incurable disease. The park. The cat and then the car that rammed into me." As the memories of my death flashed in my mind, I couldn't help becoming a little sad.

"Ok, if I was in an accident shouldn't I be in the hospital right now? Or am I hallucinating and I'm really in a coma and this is my brain's way of helping me cope? Ok think. What else happened?"

Then the memories of the black void rushed to the forefront of my mind. I sucked in a deep cold breath of air as I recalled the moments I spent in the darkness, and of the voice that spoke to me.

"I remember someone saying I was selected... and to accept. What was the last thing they said?" Then I suddenly recalled the last words spoken by that mysterious voice.

"Welcome player"

Those words quietly left my lips. I suddenly looked towards the bed and then remembered the blue box notification that was in front of me. It had disappeared but I could clearly recall what was written inside the box. "You have slept in a bed. HP, CP and SP have been fully restored." I quietly said to myself.

'That's definitely what I saw. I've only seen that happen to one person. And that too in a comic. The gamer. Wait a minute, if that notification appeared in front of me, does that make me a gamer?' "That can't be. It's impossib......"

I suddenly stopped and looked outside. I saw the village that woke up and the increasingly bustling street. And then I looked to the Hokage mountain. My eyes carefully observing every inch of the four faces. I put my hands on the window sill and felt the texture of the worn-out wood against my skin. Then I pinched my cheeks with both hands.

"OW"

'I definitely feel pain. Feels all too real.' I recalled everything that happened to me a second time. After letting out a deep breath I came to a conclusion.

"This is either a hallucination and I'm in a coma... or this is my second chance. All the evidence points me to the latter. and I want to believe it as such... Then the calmness that washed over me earlier must be the ability 'Gamers mind'. The skill to keep calm in all situations. Then is it possible that I have the gamer's body as well? Need to confirm later."