Chapter 81 - Enemy Ninja Attacks

3 Shadows swiftly moved through the trees of the back hills. They were searching everywhere their teammate had come in contact with inside the forest.

"We need to find those documents quickly." The one leading, urged to the other two.

"Itachi Uchiha killing the Uchiha clan has left the village severely weakened. Otherwise we wouldn't have made it this far. Our village superiors know this. It's why we were given this task. We need to complete it before the leaf gets back on its feet." The person led the three person squad and was thoroughly searching the forest.

As they were searching the area suddenly they heard some voices.

"Shh!!... Hear that?!" The three quietly went to investigate and found two children searching for something as well.

—------------------------------------------------------

Daichi and Naruto were looking through the woods. As they looked through the area they came across a field littered with shuriken, kunai and a couple of swords. There were burn mark on the woods indicating the use of fire jutsu and the two could see some trees that were destroyed by what was most likely an explosive paper bomb.

"This must be the battlefield... So whatever is hidden has to be near here." Naruto exclaimed.

Daichi looked at the area and nodded. He was keeping an eye on his surroundings as they searched. Getting caught unaware could be deadly. Daichi had learned this lesson in the dungeon on multiple occasions.

As Naruto and Daichi looked around the place he suddenly sensed 3 chakras slowly coming near them. Daichi didn't make any outward indication that he sensed their presence.

Daichi used the chakra sense skill and tried to gauge his enemy discreetly. He also enhanced his sense of hearing and smell. To the world Daichi was simply looking through the bushes, rocks and trees but he was secretly analyzing his soon to be opponents.

'3 chakra signatures moving from the east. I don't sense any other enemy signatures here and I don't hear or smell anyone else other than the three and Naruto and Iruka in the forest. So this team is most probably the same as that in the story. And based on their chakra level they won't be that much to handle. That's good.'

"Hey Daichi, pick up the pace you slow poke. We got a lot of places to search." Naruto yelled from above the tree branches. He jumped and resumed his search elsewhere.

"Yes, boss!" Daichi saluted in a mock style and calmly looked through the place. He wanted to make sure these three let their guard down around him.

'I already found the nest and saw the top of the kunai. If things happened the way they did then the kunai containing the documents must be there. But I can't just walk up to the nest and retrieve it. It has to be Naruto.... And also I need to test something.'

Since Daichi was openly helping with finding the documents, he wanted to minimize the risks. 'The Hokage wouldn't think twice about how we found the secret documents but still... The cautious approach is the best one. Having Naruto retrieve the documents reduces the chances of any suspicion to zero. And not only that, if I have to engage the enemy ninjas in a fight I can't let Naruto get involved. So he should be the one to hold on to the information.'

Daichi was making plans as to how to best neutralize the threats.

Naruto was eagerly searching the place but after 20 minutes had passed he was starting to get tired. He searched for a few more minutes before sitting down on the ground tiredly.

"Ohh man! There's nothing here. What a waste of time." Naruto said dejectedly.

"Sorry Naruto. Maybe on our next adventure." Daichi said with a small smile. 'Come on... Look at the nest... Should I use mana manipulation on him?'