Chapter 43 - The First Ripple.

Daichi became somewhat cheered up after the depressing event that happened several minutes ago. But he kept his emotions in check and made his way back to the village. Before long he reached the river and within no time he crossed it.

Daichi looked around and didn't see anyone. 'They must have left or the Anbu got to them and they're in the Hokage tower right now. Either way, no point in staying here.'

Daichi slowly walked forward trying to decide his next destination. Home, his friends or report to the Hokage what he had learned.

'Now I have an excuse to tell him about that bastard Kabuto. If the Hokage does a thorough investigation on him, he'll be in trouble and Orochimaru would lose his spy.' Daichi stopped that train of thought immediately.

'Wait. If I rat him out now, Orochimaru will just have another one take his place here. And my future knowledge will become useless and I'll lose my edge.'

Daichi was screaming in his mind. 'Damn it! Looks like I'll have to let him go for now. And it's not like the Hokage could know what Yota said before he was gone.'

Just then an image of Hiruzen watching Naruto through the crystal ball came to his mind. Daichi stopped in his tracks and his eyes widened in realization.

"Oh no!"

Daichi thought back to everything that's happened today. 'Anbu would have woken up soon after we had left and informed the Hokage of our situation and he definitely would have used the Telescope jutsu to find us.'

'And since I made an impression on him, I'm pretty sure he would have been watching me. So he definitely would have heard my conversation with Yota. Fuck! I can't lie or omit this information now. Wait, is he still watching me? Did he see me take out my cloak?... Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!'

Just as Daichi was having a mental freakout the Gamer's Mind activated and calmed him down. 'Maybe he's seen my inventory skills, maybe not. Can't take any risks. I'll tell him the info on Orochimaru and Kabuto but I'll keep quiet about the cloak and inventory skill. But if he asks about my ability, I'll show him and give limited info on that. And if he demands a look at the cloak I'll hand it to him. Since he's not a Mana user he won't be able to activate it anyway, so he'll think it's an ordinary item... I hope.'

Due to making a logical and smart decision, you have obtained +1 WIS

Looking at the notification Daichi calmed down a bit.

'Glad the system agrees'.

As he walked for a few more minutes, he saw the shadow of someone behind a tree. Daichi slowed down and was on alert. He walked a few more steps and finally saw who it was.

"You sure took your time." The Jonin commander Shikaku Nara said to the boy.

"I had a lot on my mind." Daichi cautiously replied.

Shikaku just grunted and turned to walk. "Keep up." Saying those words he took off.

Daichi knew it would be unwise to disobey, so he quietly followed the older man.

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hokage Office

Hiruzen sat in his chair contemplating the events that just took place. 'Orochimaru... To think you would use such a forbidden and perverse jutsu... It seems you might be more dangerous to the village than I thought.'

His mind went to the day his late sensei showed him the reanimation jutsu. Hiruzen let out a sigh. 'Tobirama sensei. You never should have created that jutsu...Orochimaru is a perfectionist and a scientist. He would definitely study and try to perfect the jutsu. If... No! When Orochimaru comes for me there's a possibility that he'll use the reanimation jutsu. And it'll be more powerful.'