Chapter 192 - Sins of the Father

Daichi followed Kakashi to the top floor balcony of the small mansion. There was a guard who stood by the large door who was keeping a vigilant watch. But despite his alertness he wasn't able to sense the two ninjas who got behind him.

With a quick well placed jab Kakashi knocked the man unconscious and without drawing any attention. Daichi had used 'Observe' on the man and had gotten his basic details and quickly created a shadow clone who transformed into the now sleeping guard.

The door leading into the house was locked from the inside but Daichi quickly picked the lock. The two ninjas quietly entered the house and they could sense that they were alone in the room.

"You remember what we were looking for don't you?" Kakashi asked his student in a low voice.

Daichi simply nodded his head in affirmation.

"I have the layout of the building. We'll need to sweep the house quickly and without alerting them of our presence. Let's split up."

Daichi agreed and parted ways from his sensei. Both of them picked a room and quietly slipped inside and the search for the stolen items began.

—-

Daichi quickly and meticulously searched through the rooms he entered. He looked at the small safe and frowned. 'I doubt he'd keep stolen items with his own money. So he must have placed it somewhere else. But on the off chance that I'm wrong...'

Daichi created multiple shadow clones and had them quietly move through the shadows of the house. He began working on the safe while his clones searched the rest.

One clone entered a room that looked more like an office. As he looked around Daichi noticed that there were several papers with letters and numbers with most crossed out and some circled.

'Strange... He was trying to decipher some kind of code. But there doesn't seem to be anything here that's written in code. Maybe...' He looked around and finding nothing else among the many papers, Daichi opened the locked drawer under the desk. His stealth skill was leveling up.

'Jackpot.'

Inside the desk was the book the client wanted retrieved and destroyed. Daichi took the book and inspected it. It was a simple leather bound book with a brown cover. He was tempted to open it but decided against it.

'So this book must have been encoded. He was trying to figure out the code. What's in it? Some business tactics or something else?' Daichi looked at the papers and then shook his head. Figuring out the secret of the book was not part of the mission.

The young Genin created a shadow clone and quickly dispelled it, relaying the news to the real Daichi and everyone else. 'I need to find a jutsu that can relay messages without creating and dispelling a shadow clone.'

Daichi secured the book and left the room. As he looked around he suddenly heard some commotion coming from outside. 'Looks like they found out about that clone.'

The were sounds of people fighting and yelling for a few seconds before everything went quiet. 'Did my clone take care of them or...'

Just as this thought passed through Daichi, the memories of the shadow clone disguised as the guard came to him. 'So the guy I was impersonating was a lefty and since I was using my right hand one of the guys figured it out. And even though I quickly knocked him down a few others saw me and made the commotion... Oh well...'

At that moment Kakashi appeared in front of his student. "I found the client's jewels. Did you get the book?"

Daichi nodded.