Chapter 186 - Observe the Diplomats

Daichi was in the backyard, in front of his canvas painting. He was recreating the underground treasure cave of the Phantom Thief on his canvas. Due to his absolute recall ability Daichi remembered every detail and was bringing the location to life.

'This would make a killing in the auction house. People aren't allowed to visit the hidden cave but that doesn't mean I can't draw it up and sell... Well, I would if I ever needed the money.'

The boy's goal was to make a masterpiece painting and improve his dexterity and the Level of his skills. He has completed several sculptures of his friends and various animals these last few days and has improved his sculpting skill.

'I need to create chakra puppets like the ones I took from Kenichi's home. But those items won't be of ordinary rank. And they would only be the start. I need the Creation skill to be at a much higher level if I want to create the things I have in mind. One of the ways to accomplish that is to level up my Painting and Sculpting skills. After that I'll examine the puppets more thoroughly.'

Daichi focused on his painting and slowly completed it. But it was not all he did. Several shadow clones were meditating or using Ninjutsu and improving their level. He made sure to utilize his time to the fullest. He kept getting system messages of level up but Daichi learned to ignore them long ago.

About an hour later he was done.

[You have created a masterpiece painting.]

[+2 Dexterity]

'Hmm... Not bad. Not bad at all...' Daichi thought to himself as he examined his latest work.

A few days passed by with Daichi improving his skills and completing D Rank missions. And soon he got another C Rank mission.

—-

Hiruzen looked over the list of foreign diplomats coming to the village to finalize the agreements made days earlier. 'I need to keep a close eye on every person entering the village. But I also can't just focus on the ones coming into the village. I'll have to make sure the forces at the border aren't weakened.'

"Sir, team Kakashi is here for their mission."

The Hokage nodded. "Send them up."

Soon the ninja duo was in the Kage's office.

"Kakashi, I have a C Rank mission for you today." Hiruzen said without wasting any time.

"Does this have anything to do with the foreign dignitaries and their guards?" Kakashi made an educated guess. He knew the shinobi forces would be spread thin and the village would be on high alert.

"Yes. Your mission is to observe the group from the Hidden Mist Village. They should be arriving at the gates soon. I'll have their schedule for you in a moment. There will be one diplomat and 2 guards. Your task is to keep an eye on all of them. Report if there are any unusual movements and detain if absolutely necessary."

Daichi knew the mission was serious despite its low Rank.

[Quest created - Observe the Diplomats.]

[The Hokage has tasked your team with keeping an eye on the foreign ninjas and diplomats. Do not let the targets out of your sight and take necessary action that will not put the village security at risk to complete this C Rank mission.]

.

[Rewards:]

10000 Exp.