Chapter 153 - System Rewards & First Mission

Several system notifications appeared but Daichi ignored all of them for the moment. His attention was on his new sensei.

"We'll start our duties bright and early tomorrow. So meet me in front of the Hokage tower at 7 am." Kakashi gave a small thumbs up and vanished in a puff of smoke.

Daichi was surprised at how things turned out for him. 'I thought the Hokage would pass me and put me on another team but this was completely unexpected. I haven't heard any instances of a 2 man Genin team before. It's normal for chunin and Jonin ninjas but definitely unheard of for Genin. This is certainly a unique situation... There's no way he would have created a team like this with ordinary Genins... I guess he must have taken my strength and abilities into account... I should go tell the old man the good news.'

Daichi left the training ground and went home. He looked at the notifications piled up and decided he would go through them once he reached his house.

Before long Daichi reached his home and saw Kensei waiting for him at the entrance.

"So I take it everything went well?" The old man asked with a smile.

"Yes. I'm a Genin. It seems the Hokage made a different decision when it came to me. He put me on a two man team with Kakashi Hatake. It was unexpected but I'm not complaining." Daichi replied with a wide smile on his face.

Kensei nodded and patted his grandson's head. "Looks like you get to be a Genin this year after all."

Daichi nodded. "Yeah. My first mission as a Genin begins tomorrow."

"Go get some rest. Tomorrow the next part of your Journey begins."

Daichi agreed and went upstairs to his room.

The smile on Kensei's face dimmed as he saw the disappearing figure of his grandson. 'A two man Genin team? Hiruzen wouldn't make a choice like this unless he had no other option. Apprenticeship is not rare and is given to special students on certain occasions. But even they must go through with being part of a 3 member squad for a while. So Hiruzen must believe that Danzo will go after Daichi again if he is held back...'

Meanwhile Daichi was in his room and decided to look over the notifications. He closed the door and started looking through the blue system boxes that were piled up to the side.

[You have become a Genin. Quest - Path to the strongest is complete.]

'Finally! That's one quest completed. 5 more to go.'

[Special Reward.]

A-Grade Item Blueprint (3/3).

[You have obtained a secret map that shows the location of a special A-Grade item. Map is now in your inventory.]

The boy was taken back with the reward. 'What the? So the blueprint was a map? I thought it would be some kind of method to make an item or something... Hmm... So this map is essentially a treasure map with a rare and powerful item at the end... I wonder what kind of Item I'll find?'

Daichi took out the map from his storage dimension.

[New location added to the Mini-Map]

Daichi opened the Mini Map and looked at the location marked on it. 'The Land of Snow... It looks like I'll have to visit that place sometime in the future.'

The gamer eyed the map in his hands for a few seconds.

'Observe'

[Map to the A-Grade Sword - Midnight.]