Chapter 138 - Land of Medicines

Hokage office.

Hiruzen stood still, shocked and in disbelief at what he just heard.

"Tsubaki! Are you sure about that?" The question came before he could even stop himself.

"Yes sir. There is no mistaking it." The Hyuga Jonin replied.

Hiruzen's mind worked faster than it had in a long time. He recalled the day when Shisui Uchiha confided in him and his advisors on his Mangekyo Sharingan powers. He also recalled the day the young Uchiha died and what the clan was about to do at that time.

'Shisui was going to use his Sharingan to stop the revolt but the next thing I hear is that he committed suicide. I had no clue what drove him to do something like that but now... The only way Danzo would have his Sharingan is if he took it from Shisui... The power of his eyes. Now that I think about it, Danzo would definitely covet something like that. He went after Kakashi's Sharingan once upon a time. So it's not a stretch to assume he'd do something like that again.'

Hiruzen had a startling realization. 'Danzo killed Shisui. But that note Shisui left.... No. A shinobi like him wouldn't commit suicide unless he had nothing else. Either Danzo killed Shisui and disguised it as a suicide or something else happened. But he is involved in this. But how do I find out what happened?... Itachi! He would know. I need to make contact with him. I need to know the truth.'

"Lord Hokage. What is it?"

Hiruzen raised his head and looked at the two loyal shinobi in front of him. "I believe in your assessment. If it is a Sharingan then I believe it's Shisui Uchiha's Sharingan that's in Danzo's right eye. Shisui Uchiha committed suicide over a year before the Uchiha massacre. But it seems that's a lie."

"Lord Hokage, not that I'm doubting you or Tsubaki, but you seem absolutely sure that it's Shisui's eye that Danzo has. Why?" The Anbu codenamed Bear asked his kage.

Hiruzen let out a breath and a few seconds later replied. "Shisui had something called Mangekyo Sharingan. It's an advanced stage of the Sharingan even greater than the 3 tomoe. Only a handful of people in history were able to awaken the Mangekyo eyes. Those who awakened those eyes were granted unique powers. Shisui had the ability called Kotoamatsukami. It's a powerful genjutsu that allows the user to enter the victim's mind and manipulate them by giving false experiences. And the victims would be completely unaware they were being manipulated. Those who know it regard it as the most powerful genjutsu in existence."

The eyes of the two ninjas in the Hokage's office widened as they heard that.

"That's... If Danzo had something like that..." Tsubaki was startled as they heard the power of Shisui's Sharingan eye.

"But sir, wouldn't there be drawbacks to something like that? Every powerful jutsu must have some weakness." Bear deduced that something as powerful as that genjutsu must have some sort of a weakness.

"Yes. Every powerful jutsus has their risks but... With Hashirama Senju's power added to the mix, I'm not sure." Hiruzen looked at the two ninjas in front of him. "I will come up with the necessary counter measures. Tsubaki. Make sure to check Bear's status from time to time. I can't have him falling under Danzo's power."

"Yes sir."

Land of Iron.

In a cabin hidden in the snowy forest in the land of Iron, three medic ninjas were taking some much needed rest.

Daichi only needed 4 hours of sleep and after waking up he went downstairs to the small kitchen to cook something for the group. He knew Tsunade and Shizune would be mentally tired after an ordeal like this and wanted to help them.