Chapter 115 - The Bet With Tsunade

As Daichi focused his chakra he saw Tsunade bringing her hands over on top of his palms. She held her hands just a few inches above Daichi's and a second later it started glowing green.

Daichi looked at the green chakra and at that moment he received a system notification.

[Unharmful foreign chakra detected.]

Daichi saw the message and came to a conclusion.

'So Tsunade is using her chakra on me? But it doesn't seem to be medical jutsu. Hmm... My guess is she's most probably checking my chakra level and control... And It seems my body won't reject even ordinary chakras that aren't harmful to me, just like medical ninjutsu chakras.'

Daichi dismissed the blue box and focused on his current task. He kept the chakra flow steady and was in complete control.

Tsunade kept a neutral face as she injected a bit of her chakra into Daichi. Her goal was to understand the boy's chakra levels and his current control over his chakra. At first she kept a neutral face but after a short while her expression changed.

Tsunade frowned and narrowed her eyes. The green glow between her palms got bigger and she looked far more serious than before.

Kensei, Jiraiya and Shizune sensed the change in her. They all kept quiet and didn't say anything to interrupt the medic nin.

Jiraiya crossed his arms and looked at his former teammate. 'Looks like she found something interesting about him. It must be something big... I can't remember the last time she looked so focused.'

Shizune held the pet pig Tonton and looked at her mentor. She knew what her master was doing right now but was confused about something. 'It's been over a minute since Lady Tsunade started. She should have an accurate assessment of his chakra volume and control by now. So why isn't she stopping?'

The occupants aside from the Senju patiently waited for her to finish.

After several minutes the green glowing chakra faded and Tsunade took a step back from Daichi. She looked at Daichi with an astonished and bewildered face. She opened her mouth a couple times as if to say something but no words came out.

[Reputation increases with Tsunade Senju.]

Daichi had a guess as to what impressed her about him. 'Looks like all that chakra control training paid off.' Seeing that the test was done, Daichi cut off the chakra flow to his palms and put his hands down.

After a few more seconds Tsunade took a deep breath and regained her poker face. "Your chakra control is adequate. And you have excellent reserves considering your age. And the fact that you can keep a steady flow of chakra for several minutes tells me just how well you're trained. You certainly have the capabilities to become a medic ninja."

Shizune was shocked at that assessment and Jiraiya narrowed his eyes. He knew what his teammate was most proud of was her precise chakra control and medical skills. 'Adequate control..?? That's high praise from her. For her to admit that much means this child's control is beyond good... Then again he mastered the Rasengan in a week. So I suppose I should have expected this much.'

Daichi's face had a smile as he heard her. 'Yes! Looks like things are gonna be easier than I thought.' Just as this thought ran through his mind Tsunade burst his bubble.

"But that doesn't mean I'll take you on as a student."

"Wait what? Why?" Daichi was sure his control skills had impressed her so he was confused about her refusal.