Chapter 118 - The First Step of a Medic.

Just as Daichi made a determined face, a new quest box popped up in front of him.

[Quest Created - 'Heal the patients.']

Successfully identify the injury and treat the patients that come to you.

Time limit: Today before 5pm.

[Conditions:]

Successfully treat at least 30 patients.

[Rewards:]

6000 Exp.

New Skill.

Reputation increases with Tsunade Senju, Shizune Kato, Karuizawa.

Reputation slightly increases with the people of Fire Capital.

[Failure:]

New title.

Reputation decreases with Tsunade Senju, Shizune Kato and Karuizawa.

Reputation slightly decreases with the people of Fire Capital.

[Accept] Y/N

Daichi held his breath and then let it out. He accepted the quest and got ready.

And like that Daichi's medic training officially began. Shizune went outside the room and brought the first patient.

"Remember Daichi. Communication, diagnosis and treatment." Tsunade gave a few more words of advice and then sat quietly.

Daichi nodded and looked at his first patient. It was a teenage boy. Daichi gave the kid a once over the moment he walked through the doors.

'Based on his outfit and the scars on his palms I'd say he's a carpenter. Or a trainee one... He's holding his right wrist. I don't see any external injury other than swelling so probably a sprain.'

"Hello." Daichi politely greeted the kid.

The boy looked at Daichi and was surprised. "Aren't you a little young to be a doctor?"

Daichi had a slight twitch in his eye. "I'm that good. So what seems to be the problem..."

With that Daichi's day at the hospital began. Just as he observed, his first patient came with a sprain. Since it wasn't a serious injury, Daichi gave the basic treatment and dismissed him.

Daichi remembered all the procedures, steps and treatment methods written in the books Tsunade gave him and he perfectly applied them.

Shizune stood a few feet from Daichi and had a critical eye on everything.

One after another, patients of all ages came to Daichi. Most of them were surprised to see a child treat them but some didn't care.

Daichi diagnosed a patient with blisters, pain and swelling. 'A minor second degree burn. Apply antibiotics to kill bacteria and elevate the burn area to reduce swelling and pain.'

At the beginning Daichi was somewhat unsure of the steps even though he memorized them. But as he got used to the situation his speed increased and his confidence grew.

Shizune was surprised at how calm and methodical Daichi was. 'His hesitation has disappeared. And the way he perfectly applies the medicine... He truly did memorize every book Lady Tsunade gave him. Incredible. He's doing a lot better than I did on my first day.'

As Daichi successfully treated more and more people the severity of the injuries slightly increased.

The next person that came to Daichi had a bleeding arm. Daichi was focused on the patient but at that moment Shizune discreetly looked at her mentor.