02| Suiting Up

***

Once we both geared up we got on our motorcycles and sped off to catch up to the stolen truck. Oliver's plan was simple, get a sample of the driver's blood while he was the distraction. Though it was usually the simple plans that became complicated.

As the truck same into view we increased our speed and as I got closer I shot an arrow at the trucks side mirror, preventing the driver from seeing Oliver's approach. 

Oliver leaped onto the truck his attack on the driver not as successful as we had both imagined. Jumping off my own bike and I climbed ontop of the truck. As I approached the front I watched as Oliver got thrown out the door and I quickly jumped inside through the open window kicked the guy in the jaw as I stabbed him in the leg with one of my arrows. Pain shot through the leg I kicked him with and next thing I know the guy swung his arm hitting me on my side, the force causing me to fly out of the car. Before I hit the ground I shot a grappling arrow at the ceiling, preventing a painful fall onto the concrete below. 

Quickly I unhooked myself and second my feet touched the floor I ran over to Oliver who was still on the semi unconscious. "Did you get it?" Oliver asked with a groan as I helped him up.

"You have absolutely no faith in me." I replied as I held the blood soaked arrow towards the light. "Of course I've got it." 

"Good job, Artemis." 

***

Back at the hideout, Felicity was patching up Oliver who did not seem pleased with the way that our plan has turned out. Though that was mostly due to the fact that he was injured, however the tense set of his shoulders told me there was more going on/

"You were right to ask if I knew more than I was letting on." Oliver stated suddenly as he turned towards Diggle. "I've seen men with abilities like that before."

"You have?" Felicity questioned in disbelief. "Where?"

Oliver went on to tell us about a serum he discovered on Lian Yu and the abilities it gave those who were injected with it. But he assured us that that he made sure it was destroyed and that its maker was dead.

"You think someone found the recipe?" Diggle asked after Oliver finished his explanation. 

With everything that Oliver had just admitted everything made sense the puzzle slowly coming together on their own. "Now it makes sense. With the missing centrifuge and a large supply of blood, someone could easily make more of it."

"Exactly, but there's a third component... a strong sedative." Oliver said as he handed the bloody arrow to Felicity.

"I think I preferred it when you left these in people." She said with a look of disgust and then handed me the arrow.

"I need you two to analyze the blood on the arrowhead." Oliver ordered, the urgency in his tone making it clear that he wanted this all to end as soon as possible. "If we can figure out which sedative they're using, we can figure out where the next robbery will be."

"Okay, we'll get right on it." I replied as Felicity and I left the room. 

***

"Unbelievable." Barry exclaimed as he was looking at the chemical shelves. "You guys have nitric acid next to hydrazine? Permangantes on top of acetone? This is the definition of dangerous."