61| Not Him

***

"Okay, so no offense Ray, but you are not a skilled fighter." I said slowly trying not to sound to harsh. "And I'm not sure you can handle this meta with just your suit."

"None, taken." Ray replied still in an extremely good mood.

"Okay...so you were working on connecting your neural impulses to the suit so that you can control it..." I began to explain and Ray seemed to be catching on.

"So instead of connecting them to me I connect them to a skilled fighter as in you or Oliver." Ray exclaimed walking over to his suit. "That's genius. Sure you don't want to reconsider that job offer?"

"I'm sure." I replied, before Felicity and I began hooking Oliver up to the neural wiring. Ray came back in his full suit with a full grin on his face.

"This is so exciting." He commented as he clasped his hands together. Felicity walked up in front of him and made to finishing touches.

"You'll do great." She encouraged him as she placed a kiss on his cheek. Once we went over the plan a second time Ray wasted no time in heading towards the power station.

"Ok, I'm entering the power station now. Activate the link." Ray ordered as Felicity did exactly that. "It's working! Oh, I'm just a passenger now."

"Ray focus." Oliver scolded.

"Right okay. Let's get this guy...Kick his ass. I'm really hoping you played video games as a kid." Ray continued to comment as he searched through the power plant for Simmons.

"I'm trying to concentrate."

"Sorry, sorry, it's just, I'm trusting you with my..." He didn't finish as Oliver turned around and punched the meta in the face. A small smile appeared on Oliver's face when he realized that our plan was actually working.

"Ray, can you take this beating?" Oliver asked. "I can pull you back."

"I'm fine. Just get this bastard!" At that moment Ray was thrown against one of the poser structures and the data on the computer showed that we lost connections with him.

"Ray, I've lost control." Oliver exclaimed when he realized that none of his punches were having an effect.

"The transmitter's been severed." Felicity informed as she attempted to find a way to to get it back. "We lost all connections, I can't get them back."

"Get up. Get up, Ray! Fight back, Ray, fight back! Ray!" Oliver yelled as he watched Ray getting beat by this meta. It almost became impossible to watch as Ray was being used as picnicking bag.

"He's too strong!"

"This is not about strength. This is about heart. Ray, when the mayor was killed, you put yourself in harm's way to save Felicity." Oliver said beginning his motivational speech. "Normal people, they don't do that. Heroes do that. Fight back! Come on, Ray! Take him out, Ray."

Oliver's speech seemed to work as Ray suddenly got the advantage over Simmons effectively knocking him out a few seconds later. "Wow does being the hero always feel this good?"

"He did it." Oliver sighed one of our problems finally being solved. We all sat down waiting for Ray's arrival when Oliver got a call. "Thea, Thea what's wrong." Oliver asked in a panicked down before he stood up. "What! No..."

"Oliver what's wrong?" Felicity asked once he hung up and the look on his face made it clear it was anything but good news.

"Roy...he was...he was killed in Iron Heights." Oliver informed before he walked out of the room. I stood there frozen not knowing what to say as a million thoughts rushed through my head