70| Lost Possibilities

***

"Caitlin I know your excited but will you please stop moving." I said as I continued to try to curl her hair.

"I'm sorry. I'm just so nervous." Caitlin mumbled as she looked at herself in the mirror. "I'm just so happy."

I smiled because after everything that has happened we were finally going to get at least one good moment before everything changed. "And I'm happy for you."

After fifteen minutes I finally finished curling her hair and adding the finishing touches on her makeup. "Are you done yet?"

"Wait." I scolded as I applied a thin layer of lip gloss on her lip. "There." Caitlin slowly opened her eyes and looked at herself in the mirror the smile on her lips slowly fading away as tears began to gather in her eyes. "Caitlin don't cry."

"I can't help it." She mumbled as she grabbed a handful of tissues wiping the tears away before they has a chance to ruin her make-up. "I just can't believe this day actually came. Thank you."

"No thank you for letting me be a part of this." I replied as she stood up and pulled me into a hug. "Now lets get you into that dress."

***

I walked out of S.T.A.R Labs and towards the field in the back of the building where we set up everything for the small ceremony. Everyone was already waiting outside as I walked towards Barry.

"Hey." He greeted as he leaned in and kiss me.

"Hey." I repeated the second our lips left each others. I turned towards Ronnie who was looking around for Caitlin eagerly. "Don't worry sh'e coming."

"She is she taking so long?" Ronnie asked as Barry set his hand at the small of my back.

"She's just as nervous as you are Ronald give her some time." Stein scolded finally making Ronnie stop looking around.

"Is this actually binding?" Ronnie asked as he stood there impatiently waiting for Caitlin to arrive.

"My father made me become a rabbi before he would send me to MIT. This will be "legit," as the kids say." Professor Stein replied as he held onto his Bible.

"No kids say that."

"Let's not fight on our wedding day. Ronald." At that moment Caitlin walked out of S.T.A.R Labs with a bouquet of white roses in hand. Everyone stopped talking as she made our way towards us.

"She looks beautiful." Ronnie said under his breath as Caitlin continued walking toward us. Once she finally stood in front of him, both of them smiling widely at each other Professor Stein cleared his throat gaining both of their attention.

"If it's all right with everyone, I'd like to skip all the Hebrew. I've learned a lot about merging one's life with another this past year." Professor Stein began the ceremony. "Yet, for all the incredible advancements in science we've all been party to, the mystery that brings two people together through love is still the province of magic. Mr. Ramon, the rings please."

Cisco scurried over bending down on one knee as Caitlin and Ronnie both got a hold of each others rings. Ronnie looked up at Caitlin as he slipped the ring onto her finger. "I owe you a real ring."

"I don't need one. I have everything and everyone that I could ever need right here." Caitlin assured with a bright smile as she slipped Ronnie's ring on his finger. "And if all the events of the past year have led us to this moment, it was worth it. I love you, Ronnie."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." Professor Stein declared causing Ronnie to roll his eyes playfully.

"Stop telling me what to do." He mumbled before pressing his lips on Caitlin's. Everyone applauded in excitement seeing the pair finally get the moment that they deserved. Caitlin turned towards me with a smile her face as she threw her flowers directly at me. I instinctively caught them and when I realized that I did I threw the right back at her.