17| The Flash is Born

***

The next morning I woke up to a burning pain on my side, I didn't need to look to know where it was from. Regardless I pulled up up my shirt to examine the large purplish green bruise that I now wore. I ignored the pain that I felt and continued tinted with my morning schedule, once I got to work I was immediate ambushed by Cisco.

"I need you to analyze the gravel Barry collected from the crime scene." He eagerly explained to me as he practically shoved the evidence bag in my face.

I took it and set it on the table. "What are you going to do?" I asked, because Cisco was usually the one that would jump at the opportunity to locate a metahuman.

"I just have to work on something else." He replied, but at this point I knew him well enough to know what he was planning.

"Would that something be playing with your robot?"

"No, not just a robot." Cisco replied completely offended. "Her name is Girder."

"I'm not naming that thing." I said as I picked up the evidence bag.

"Come on you know you wan to." Cisco mused as he elbowed my side, I winced and quickly turned around hoping he wouldn't notice. "Hey, you okay?"

"Yeah, totally." I casually said as I began to walk into the other room. "I'm just going to get started on this."

I began to test the sample in the lab, and soon enough I found traces of hematite. I turned on the intercom that was connected to the room that Cisco was in. "Cisco come into the lab now."

A few second later I heard a loud grunt and stomping from outside the room. Then Cisco came in holding onto his chest. "What?!" He asked slightly annoyed and out of breath.

"What happened?" I asked confused, as he sat down in front of the computer.

"Nothing, except you scaring me caused me to turn one of my one against me." Cisco replied sarcastically.

"So Girder beat you up?" I tried to clarify as I attempted to stifle a laugh. Cisco looked up at me with a small sparkle in his eye and a smirk, that's when it clicked. "Yes, I know I said it."

"Okay, what did you find?" He said getting us back on track.

"So, the sample contains 76.8% hematite so if we find the place..."

"That contains those amounts of hematite, we can find Tony's crib." He finished catching up with where I was going.

"Exactly." I confirmed as I sat on the seat beside his.

"Okay then lets find this guy." Cisco immediately began typing away at the key board in search of a place that matched my results. It wasn't long before we found a match and started to do background research so we could share it with the rest of the team. "We found him."

"Now lets catch him." I said and we both got up in search for Barry. We found him standing in front to Cisco's precious Girder with a triumphant smile on his face.

"Barry." I called about causing him to turn around as Cisco and I entered the room. "The gravel you pulled from Tony's stolen vehicle? It contains 76.8% hematite."

"Consistent with the mines at Keystone Ironworks." Cisco continued excited that this case was getting somewhere. "Which closed down ten months ago."

"It's the perfect hideout." Barry realized, and he seemed more optimistic about the situation.

"Barry, do you mind telling us about this?" Caitlin asked him as she entered the room while turning the tablet to face him. on the screen was an alert coming from Iris's blog. "I have info about someone you're looking for. He was here.You know where to find me. Now who could she be talking to?"