49| The End to a Beginning

***

"Diane I've loved you for so long. I've just never been able to tell you how much I do." Barry said and I pulled away enough to look him in the eye. I couldn't bring myself to say anything, because of how fast my heart was beating inside my chest. "And lately I can't help but think that you feel the same way."

"You love me?" I said mostly to myself as I tried to get out of my state of shock.

"I do Diane. I love you." Barry repeated as his hand hold itself at the back of my neck. "I just need to know if you feel the same way." I placed my hand on his cheek and slowly placed my lips over his. Barry placed his hand on my waist pulling me closer to him as he slowly began to kiss me back. At that moment I knew I needed to let go of all my fears and doubts and just let go. I couldn't leave my feelings for him stay bottled up any longer. I let Barry deepen the kiss before he slowly pulled away. "Wait. What does that mean? Because we've kissed before and..."

"Look Barry I don't know exactly what I feel. Not yet at least." I said a smile makings its way to my lips as I looked into his green eyes. "But I do know that I feel something for you. And would like like to see where this goes."

"You don't know how long I've waited to hear you say that." Barry told me as a bright smile spread across his face. He moved a strand of hair out of my face as he pressed his lips against mine but that didn't last long as my phone began to ring, Barry sighed as he pulled away. "It's Cisco isn't it?"

"Probably." I agreed as I answered the call.

"Hey. What happened are you okay?" Cisco asked in a panicked tone.

"Yeah Cisco I'm fine." I replied.

"Great. Now I need you back at S.T.A.R. Labs ASAP. Alone."

"Can I ask why?" I said slightly annoyed.

"This is a life or death situation here, there is no time for explantations." Cisco replied clearly exaggerating.

"Okay if it that important to you."

"Thank you." Was all he said before he hung up. I turned towards Barry and gave him an apologetic look.

"Sorry Cisco has a life or death emergency." I informed him and he nodded his head in understanding. "You don't think you can..." Before I had a chance to finish I was standing in front of S.T.A.R Labs. "You have to stop doing that."

"Does it annoy you?" He asked as reached out for my hand and laced out fingers together.

"Yes. I would like to finish my sentences." I replied as he pulled me closer to him.

"I'll keep that in mind." Barry said as he pulled me into another kiss, but I didn't let it last long before I put my hand on chest chest and slowly pushed him away.

"I should get going now." I told him and he only nodded in response before I walked into the building. "Hey." I said as I walked into the Cortex where Cisco and Caitlin were waiting and Cisco gave me a weird look that I couldn't explain. "What?"

"Nothing. Nothing." He replied.

"Okay?" I replied as I looked over at Caitlin. "What's this about?"