68| League of our Own

***

"Are you out of your mind?" I exclaimed after Barry told us what he was planning. "What do you mean you talked to Snart?"

"I asked him for help." Barry clarified as if that would make the situation any better.

"Barry, why would you do something so stupid?" Joe continued to scold.

"Because, Joe, we have already tried everyone else. Look, you tried the CCPD. I tried Oliver. I even tried Ronnie and Dr. Stein." Barry countered, depuration clear in his voice. "And the Particle Accelerator goes online in..."

"13 hours." Cisco finished.

"13 hours and I'm not willing to let the metas die, and we can't let them escape, either. So, like it or not, Snart, with his cold gun, is the only one that can stop them if Cisco's transportation does not hold."

"Then lucky for you I figured out what it is you can get me." Start declared as he calmly walked into the Cortex. "Hello, Detective. Nice to see you again. Caitlin, Cisco, Diane. I thought about your proposal. You want my help, this is what I want." He continued as he made himself comfortable. "My fingerprints, dental records, DNA, criminal records, family tree, everything there is in this world concerning Leonard Snart. I want it destroyed. All of it. At CCPD, online, everywhere."

"The brass on this dude." Joe commented in disbelief. "You really think we'd do that for you?"

"I'll do it." Barry assured causing everyone in the team to look at him in shock. "If it's the only way, fine."

"You and me need to talk right now." Joe ordered Barry as the both of them left the room leaving Cisco, Caitlin and I alone with Snart.

"Long time no see." Snart said after a while of think tension.

"Oh you mean since the last time you kidnapped everyone in this room?" Cisco asked in annoyance.

"Good times." Start replied as he circled the Cortex one more time before stopping at the exit. "Tell Barry I'll be waiting for an answer."

***

"Please tell me this is a joke." Caitlin pleaded as Snart entered the room with his sister by his side.

"Oh, you were right, Lenny." Lisa said with a pour as she looked over at her brother. "She is very uptight."

"I am not uptight." Caitlin quickly countered looking at the rest of us for confirmation, but we look down not wanting to get involved. "You can't call me uptight."

"Look, guys, we need their help if we're gonna pull this off." Barry argued seeing our unhappy faces.

"Why are you wearing your mask? Snart already knows who you are." Caitlin asked placing her hands in her hips.

"And I promised I wouldn't tell anyone. That includes my sister."

"Jerk." Lisa told Snart in annoyance.

"Train wreck." He countered. "Don't look so surprised, Detective. I am a man of my word."

"Yeah, you better be. Or I'm gonna make sure you're on that damn plane, too." Joe muttered as he left with Barry and Snart who were headed into the treadmill room.

"Hey, Cisco." Lisa greeted as she walked up to Cisco. Caitlin and I looked at each other in confusion before sitting down at out desks.

"Oh, hey, Captain Cold's evil sister."

"Aww. You're not still mad at me, are you? I really did enjoy kissing you." She replied causing Caitlin and I to both look up at each other in shock.