74. Everything and everyone is stupid

I should've never stepped into that bloody car after all the bullshit that happened these days before. I just couldn't do it. The race was boring and it took me way too long to get past George, in his Williams. Now I wasn't driving the best car either, but getting past a Williams was just the bare minimum. It took way too long and eventually managed to get by because he had a pit stop.

After I passed George I had a battle with the two Haas cars, got pushed off track, but nothing a little yellow flag couldn't solve. Halfway through the race, I was driving around P13. I still had the hope to score points, but then I got this awful radio message from Joey where he said the engine was overheating. I honestly didn't pay much attention to it considering that happened often and with no further action than me just driving a little slower and being more careful. Though that was a mistake and the bloody thing caught fire. So that was new, something that wasn't specifically on my bucket list, but it still happened. So yes, I was quite mad about this whole race weekend. I never should've gone to Hungary, it was the best to stay in London with mum.

"You weren't going easy on me at all, were you?" I asked George before taking a sip of my iced coffee. I wanted to stretch out my time here in the paddock for as long as I possibly could. Everything to not go back to London, even though that was the best. I couldn't face my mum, seeing her sad hurt so bad and I had no idea what to do when I was around her. Doing nothing felt so bad too, so therefore I kept myself busy with forming meaningless conversations in the paddock. If it prevented me from going home, I'd even talk to Tanya without arguing.

"For old times sake," George chuckled. "We had battles like this all the time in Formula 2. So excuse me, the next time I get the chance to fight you, I will not because you're clearly pissed about it."

"I'm not pissed about that, I love a bit of competition. I'm pissed for other reasons," I said, tapping my foot on the ground. "I don't get how people are smiling and cheering now while my world seems to have stopped, you know?"

"I'm sorry for your loss Daisy," George sighed, pulling me into a hug. He did give great hugs, though something was off and that didn't make me particularly calm. "I truly am. If there is anything I can do for you, I'm at your doorstep in a few minutes."

"Thank you," I said, looking over my shoulder. "Is there any chance you've seen Lando?" I asked, feeling the need to check up on my best friend. "I don't know where he is and-"

"-probably with his girlfriend," George sighed. "I'm not sure, I saw him entering the hospitality and he hasn't left yet. I assume she is there too."

"Oh okay." I showed a tight-lipped smile and looked at the ground. "So they haven't broken up just yet?" George furrowed his brows and shook his head.

"Why would they break up? He is heads over heels for that girl," George sighed, resting his hands on his hips as he glanced at the McLaren hospitality. "You still love him?"

"Not in that way," I sighed. "If he is happy then I am too. I love him as a friend, nothing more. I just dislike his girlfriend because she is literally married to someone else and he deserves much better. I'm sure she is going to hurt him."

George his eyes widened and he grabbed my arm, moving away from the crowd a little. "How do you know?" He asked. "And also, what?"

"I had a conversation with her in Germany," I sighed. "And I might have threatened her a little, but nothing to be concerned about if she does what I told her to do." George raised his brows. "I simply told her to fuck off within three weeks or I would tell Lan about the marriage."

"So she has two weeks left?" I nodded in confirmation. "Then we are on holidays," he added. "Are we still going by the way? I understand if you'd rather be at home with Eve."